Cryptocurrency

Jurgens Smit

Seems bitcoin cash had a real impact on bitcoin so I moved mostly out of bitcoin to ETH. Any suggestions for an app to trade in bitcoin cash?

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems bitcoin cash had a real impact on bitcoin so I moved mostly out of bitcoin to ETH. Any suggestions for an app to trade in bitcoin cash?

two days ago I shifted all bit coin and Ethereum into bit cash. I used Jaxx. It has a ShapeShift option that allows you to almost instantly convert.

two days ago I shifted all bit coin and Ethereum into bit cash. I used Jaxx. It has a ShapeShift option that allows you to almost instantly convert.

Also using Jaxx as a wallet. Very nice app!

Howsit all, just wanted to find out how many cryptocurrency investers there are on the hub?

What are your opinions?

Methods?

Tips and advice?

I just ordered myself a Antminer D3 and already have a bitcoin Antminer L3+ running at home.

I've got a 100mb/s fiber link with traffic prioritized for them during the day (5AM - 5PM).

Doing decent so far.

What are your hashrates and electricity consumption on those machines?

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully today is the day we see the recovery.... this massive drop this week gave good opportunity to reshuffle my portfolio.

Whats your top 3 coins you are looking at today?

XLM, ADA and TRX is where im at, with XRP being my stable investment! 

Hopefully today is the day we see the recovery.... this massive drop this week gave good opportunity to reshuffle my portfolio.

Whats your top 3 coins you are looking at today?

XLM, ADA and TRX is where im at, with XRP being my stable investment! 

Don't expect any major rallies (IMHO). 

Things are still pretty doom 'n gloom, with the non-stop onslaught on BTC putting pressure on the entire crypto market. 

Don't expect any major rallies (IMHO). 

Things are still pretty doom 'n gloom, with the non-stop onslaught on BTC putting pressure on the entire crypto market. 

Not yet, but hoping once all these things blow over it starts picking up and maybe a little boost once they get kraken running again, haha. 

But BTC is like america, it sneezes and the rest of the world gets flu, haha

BTC has taken a beating this week - Buffet shooting it down in the media, trading soon to be banned in South Korea, and a few others. I don't see it coming back up too soon.

XRP have major legal issues, so depending on the outcome of that it will recover, or not. I've got cash in some of the smaller altcoins, and some have done remarkably well in the past 2 weeks. The trick is to know when to sell back into cash.

Edited by GrahamS2

BTC has taken a beating this week - Buffet shooting it down in the media, trading soon to be banned in South Korea, and a few others. I don't see it coming back up too soon.

XRP have major legal issues, so depending on the outcome of that it will recover, or not. I've got cash in some of the smaller altcoins, and some have done remarkably well in the past 2 weeks. The trick is to know when to sell back into cash.

. I was wrong. This is sucky. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

there isn't a trading ban coming in SK. It was a badly written piece. There's a crackdown on illegal / fraudulent exchanges there. 

Reuters disagrees with you https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-southkorea-bitcoin/south-korea-plans-to-ban-cryptocurrency-trading-rattles-market-idUSKBN1F002A

Once a bill is drafted, legislation for an outright ban of virtual coin trading will require a majority vote of the total 297 members of the National Assembly, a process that could take months or even years.

Sure it may take some time, but the intent is what's rattled the market.

Edited by GrahamS2

oooh, eh eh. That's not what I read / saw. 

That's sucky...  I'll go with the Reuters thing... 

It's the biggest problem with crypto (and any market driven by sentiment, I guess). One news article or rumour, whether true or false, send the markets flying or crashing. I think we'll see lots of changes int he coming weeks. For one, SARB is working hard to have local platform transactions reported to them. 

The beauty and appeal of Crypto is also it's biggest weakness...

the taxman was unfortunately always going to come for his cut. 

Which of the currencies will be able to adapt and make it work is probably the next big question?

I've got some cash in Ethereum as I believe it can possibly get to similar levels as Bitcoin (which I would guess has probably peaked) - but beyond that I see most of the currencies as short term gambles. A few will establish themselves, around which value point I don't think anyone honestly knows... time I guess will tell. It's been fun though, and some people have made some great dosh

Which of the currencies will be able to adapt and make it work is probably the next big question?

I've got some cash in Ethereum as I believe it can possibly get to similar levels as Bitcoin (which I would guess has probably peaked) - but beyond that I see most of the currencies as short term gambles. A few will establish themselves, around which value point I don't think anyone honestly knows... time I guess will tell. It's been fun though, and some people have made some great dosh

There is a lot of speculation that the time will come whereby the market as it is now will collapse and only the coins that have true tech value and strong teams behind them will remain. 

Personally, I think Ethereum, Ripple and IOTA represent some of the better tech offerings, with real-world value. 

You can avoid the taxman to a degree, buy and sell peer to peer, obviously large transaction values will be questioned in your bank account.

Example, if you wanted 1 of my ETH coins today, you EFT me R18500 and then give me your address for me to send you the 1 ETH. Easy.

Maybe a couple of guys on this thread wanna do that with each other, most of us got minimum 1000 posts and have been here a long time... put a WhatsApp group together or something?

I’d be keen if I needed the cash but I’m pretty happy sitting on my stash for the time being [emoji1417]

I’m happy to start the WhatsApp group, just PM me your names and numbers. Buy and sell between us and we vett any others that wanna join... don’t want skelms

Edited by ChUkKy