Ironman 70.3 East London 2018

clivem

Cool thanks.  Maybe I can join in with your group?  What time do you plan to swim?  Thanks!

We as a group will still do 2 swims there. Its only the official, timed and controlled swim that was canned.

Joh, this time next week I will be on my way down!!!

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool thanks.  Maybe I can join in with your group?  What time do you plan to swim?  Thanks!

Not a problem at all. PM me your details and I will keep you in the loop. 

Edit: I am travelling on Thursday, so hopefully we can get a swim in on Friday and Saturday. 

Edited by EmJayZA

No worries man... Would be cool.

We are going down on Wednesday already so will want to get 2 swims in. Shortish swims like 10 - 15min, most likely on Thursday and Saturday

Normally the Saturday swim is crazy. Even in Durban 70.3 this year, there were hundreds of groups and people swimming in the morning around 9ish and 10ish. Looked like a race and also not official swim.

But more than welcome to come out. Will probably add more details when we have set the times and days.

Although not too many of us going down to EL. Probably around 5 or 6

Why is it that AGAIN, 2 weeks out from a big race, I have a big deadline and have to pull late nights with less than 3hrs sleep? Super taper.

The positive is that at least I won't overdo training this week? No cycling or swimming this week  :cursing:  :cursing:  

I wonder what the rest of the group do when work prevents you from training for a week, especially so close to a race.

Why is it that AGAIN, 2 weeks out from a big race, I have a big deadline and have to pull late nights with less than 3hrs sleep? Super taper.

The positive is that at least I won't overdo training this week? No cycling or swimming this week  :cursing:  :cursing:  

I wonder what the rest of the group do when work prevents you from training for a week, especially so close to a race.

Not ideal at all... I am also pushing very long hours on the road over the last few days.

I am lucky though as my wife also does it with me, so every morning we still get up and train. Although on very little sleep, it makes it easier if she also gets up.

So although you wont get any fitter in 2 weeks, you can stuff it up quite easily if you get it wrong. For the halves we only taper 1 week.

See what you can do to at least keep the blood flowing in the muscles and get even 30min in somewhere.

Good luck with the race. Gonna be a great one :-)

Not ideal at all... I am also pushing very long hours on the road over the last few days.

I am lucky though as my wife also does it with me, so every morning we still get up and train. Although on very little sleep, it makes it easier if she also gets up.

So although you wont get any fitter in 2 weeks, you can stuff it up quite easily if you get it wrong. For the halves we only taper 1 week.

See what you can do to at least keep the blood flowing in the muscles and get even 30min in somewhere.

Good luck with the race. Gonna be a great one :-)

Great - just the pep talk i was looking for. Didn't train through December holidays for nothing, and 30mins a day is better than nothing...

Tx Major

Can someone please explain this to me. Does that mean we are heading into the wind going out, or coming back? 

Head wind all the way back, cross wind along the beach front.... 

Thanks shaper. Not sure what is worse. Just glad I pushed through those windy rides in the Cradle. 

But the cycle way back is more downhill if that's any consolation.

Thanks, plse put some detail up (on times) when you have it.  

No worries man... Would be cool.

We are going down on Wednesday already so will want to get 2 swims in. Shortish swims like 10 - 15min, most likely on Thursday and Saturday

Thanks, plse put some detail up (on times) when you have it.  

I train in the same group as CM. We won't know the times until we are there most likely as we are a small group, hence why I suggested that we message you when we do set times. 

Still no news on if the official swim area is open or not?