Ironman 70.3 East London 2018

clivem

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone else get the email about the error on the finisher shirts?

Yep, so looks like we will get 2... one they will hand out with "team" on it and the corrected one at the end of February

Yep, so looks like we will get 2... one they will hand out with "team" on it and the corrected one at the end of February

Yeah. I am not holding my breath. Mailing out thousands of shirts by the end of February? A little salty about it, as it's my first, and don't want a shirt with "team" on it. 

And are they using SAPO? If so, that means we will never get our shirts. 

Also, cannot seem to find a place to edit my postal address on ironman.com, or easyreg.co.za... 

Edited by EmJayZA

Yea i can't seem to get onto the ironman login page from my work pc, so will have to hope that the address they have is correct.  I have received my ironman magazines to my postal address so it should be correct!

Hope all of you are tapering well and keeping clear of illness. Had a realization on my ride yesterday. With work giving me a super taper of 3 weeks, I decided to start IMSA 12 week training this week  :w00t:

Sunday will be a 6hr brick session  :whistling:

Hope all of you are tapering well and keeping clear of illness. Had a realization on my ride yesterday. With work giving me a super taper of 3 weeks, I decided to start IMSA 12 week training this week  :w00t:

Sunday will be a 6hr brick session  :whistling:

EL would have been the perfect brick  :w00t:

Whooop Whooop its race week...

Had a bit of an injury over the weekend with the run. Nursing the leg hard so will see what it feels like tomorrow. Heading down on Wednesday already.

Must say cannot wait to get a Friesland Milkshake in for good luck

What do you guys do for taper this week? I did a 1.9sea swim yesterday.. but feel like chilling now for this week and taper good

What do you guys do for taper this week? I did a 1.9sea swim yesterday.. but feel like chilling now for this week and taper good

Easy threshold run today (3 x 1km, 4 x 500m)

Tonight an aerobic endurance swim with a few threshold laps 

Tomorrow a 50min Wattbike with 4 x intervals at 105% of FTP

Thursday a 45 minute Fartlek (a few 1 minute repeats at threshold)

Saturday a 20 minute swim and run

I had to hold back today as my legs felt fresh. 

Very excited for my first one. Had a problem yesterday with wetsuit, got a little tear on the shoulder. Phoned Xterra Wetsuits and they quickly sorted me out. Wetsuit will be in East London before me. Great service.

Easy threshold run today (3 x 1km, 4 x 500m)

Tonight an aerobic endurance swim with a few threshold laps 

Tomorrow a 50min Wattbike with 4 x intervals at 105% of FTP

Thursday a 45 minute Fartlek (a few 1 minute repeats at threshold)

Saturday a 20 minute swim and run

I had to hold back today as my legs felt fresh. 

This is very scientific sounding.. is this your own program or a coach written one?