Ironman 70.3 East London 2018

clivem

This is very scientific sounding.. is this your own program or a coach written one?

Coach. I don't have time to sit down and plan this stuff. He instructs. I do.  :w00t:

The idea is to reduce duration and intensity to promote healing and reduction of fatigue, but to keep the legs fresh and firing (hence some of the threshold work). 

Edited by EmJayZA

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy threshold run today (3 x 1km, 4 x 500m)

Tonight an aerobic endurance swim with a few threshold laps 

Tomorrow a 50min Wattbike with 4 x intervals at 105% of FTP

Thursday a 45 minute Fartlek (a few 1 minute repeats at threshold)

Saturday a 20 minute swim and run

I had to hold back today as my legs felt fresh. 

Yep our volume also decreased but we keep the intensity up, bike intervals last night and a track session coming up tonight. tomorrow easy swim with some short intervals, Thursday rest day for travelling  and Friday some fartleks and a spin on the bike. Sunday its John Bailey and turnberry avenue :thumbup:

Edited by BottelaryHillBuddy

Coach. I don't have time to sit down and plan this stuff. He instructs. I do.  :w00t:

The idea is to reduce duration and intensity to promote healing and reduction of fatigue, but to keep the legs fresh and firing (hence some of the threshold work). 

Also eat and drink plenty, cut back on caffeine so that you sleep well... these are also necessary as part of the taper week apart from shorter duration high intensity workouts :)

race numbers?

how am I supposed to know who to cheer?

first time in 6 years I'm not involved in 70.3 in some way 

Also eat and drink plenty, cut back on caffeine so that you sleep well... these are also necessary as part of the taper week apart from shorter duration high intensity workouts :)

Noticed I am battling to sleep. Usually I am dead at 9pm. Last few days I am wondering what to do with myself at 11pm. Trust me. I am eating plenty (lots of fruit and veg, and whatever I feel like).  :ph34r:

race numbers?

how am I supposed to know who to cheer?

first time in 6 years I'm not involved in 70.3 in some way 

2100 here.

Noticed I am battling to sleep. Usually I am dead at 9pm. Last few days I am wondering what to do with myself at 11pm. Trust me. I am eating plenty (lots of fruit and veg, and whatever I feel like). :ph34r:

2100 here.

Will be close to the golf course somewhere

Travel safe [emoji106][emoji106]

Good luck & best efforts to everyone heading for EL this weekend, be safe on the roads getting there (better late than dead on time). Embrace the moment :).

Scanning this thread it appears that the following Hubbers are in the race:

EmJayZA #2100

shaper #186

clivem #1694

Carmichael #1180

stevec94

Sparkles(?)

Cycling Major #703

Garfield2010 #340

Jakopregop #1094

(Davey_Jones) not competing

muagie #1089

DA\/ID

lurkerza

Stevo9119 #1033

Grantc #1649

ADe #1418

nochain #1121

Let us know your race numbers so we can follow your progress...

edit: race numbers added; names added (& removed)

Edited by amr63

Yep that my number #186, will be in a black with yellow SKINS trisuit, Will write "SHAPER" on my race number.

On the Saturday will be registering, Expo, transition and race briefing wearing a GTN Tshirt. So if you see a grey hair older guy in said tshirt as below... come say hi :)

gtn-101-cl-wh-te_04_copy.jpg

Edited by shaper

You'll find me sporting the Siyaphambili Triathlon Kit the entire weekend - well not the tri suit the whole weekend ( but our off race wear :-) )

Smile and say Hi as you pass me - in fact any of us 25 Siyaphambili athletes give us a shout ,well need it especially the noobs in the team

and or the record his year (my 2nd - im not racing im participating) - knee issues

Good luck everyone!! 

May the wind be at your back and the (potentially huge) swells surfing you along the beach.

#1094  in a black Orca suit and DeBruinTrain peak. 1.93m tall skinny oke.

I'll be tagged with a "JACO" (sic)

You can't miss me, I'll be the bolding oke absolutely giving it his all and over heating to try and come in under 6hrs! Feeling like I'm winning, looking like I'm DYING  :w00t:

You can't miss me, I'll be the bolding oke absolutely giving it his all and over heating to try and come in under 6hrs! Feeling like I'm winning, looking like I'm DYING  :w00t:

All the best The Peak squad is a force to be  reckon with :thumbup:

those volunteers at the turn point KNOWS how to pour Ice water over you...... #justsaying