New Look X-track SPD pedals launch

Spinnekop

And Sauser surprisingly says it’s the “best pedal he’s ever ridden”. If I had a dollar for every time I heard a pro say that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I lost all respect for Sausers opinion on Cannondale and its Lefty on the final stage of the Epic. Says when he used to ride it and you see him coming over the finish line he was always leaning to the right to counteract the imbalance of the weight.

Sauser speaks ****, I dont care how many Epics he's won.

Ill try post the clip so you can laugh too.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have ridden Shimano pedals for over 20 years and have never felt the need unmentionable urge to change  splash money on the latest and greatest - not saying that these Look pedals are a bad product...

Look changing the platform is a way of saying Shimano has been right all these years...

same thing as Manitou forks refusing to change the way you mounted disc calipers for many years because it was simpler and worked - the rest of the industry "suddenly" came out with the same post mounting system on their forks....

I lost all respect for Sausers opinion on Cannondale and its Lefty on the final stage of the Epic. Says when he used to ride it and you see him coming over the finish line he was always leaning to the right to counteract the imbalance of the weight.

I think that was some Swiss humour you mistook for Carious fact

????

I was listening to the live stream when he said that. LOL.

But my point was more a general one. I don't believe anything anyone says that gets paid by said company as a professional athlete.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

I have ridden Shimano pedals for over 20 years and have never felt the need unmentionable urge to change  splash money on the latest and greatest - not saying that these Look pedals are a bad product...

Look changing the platform is a way of saying Shimano has been right all these years...

same thing as Manitou forks refusing to change the way you mounted disc calipers for many years because it was simpler and worked - the rest of the industry "suddenly" came out with the same post mounting system on their forks....

If I am not mistaken the SPD was developed by Look. and yes I have a set and they are great.

Ah the old pedal debate. I had it with myself recently and Shimano won (Ultegras). It was a tough debate, fixing up my 25 year old steel machine (keep an eye out for the build pics soon), which was of course dressed in Look pedals back in the day, so I am a bit ashamed about it.

I must admit that Shimano winning is more a sign of me being old and boring than anything else. I know how to service Shimano pedals, Klaar.

Edited by Knersboy

Much bigger contact area...even bigger than the STrack. Also better mud clearance due to more space around axle. Read the independent reviews....

Used by most Pro's in SA.

Thanks for the explanation, I do have some more questions.

Would this mean the STrack is inferior in the opinion of LOOK?

How is the pedal "intuitive" ?

I love where the articles says:

Pros: Looks and feels like a Shimano SPD pedal

I've always struggled with the concept of "contact patch". In this case Look say they have a much bigger contact patch. Of what? Shoe on pedal? The cleat is identical. Throw in the fact that most shoes have a stuff carbon/plastic plate in them and it makes the contact patch debate a little tricky to explain.

Edited by Eldron

Because marketing. Didn't you hear the American man say it is "The best"? You're soooo cynical.

Thanks for the explanation, I do have some more questions.

Would this mean the STrack is inferior in the opinion of LOOK?

The STrack was and is a Super pedal...designed from scratch. (Weight and Mud clearing capabilities being top notch)  Due to the fact that most spinning bikes and bikes equiped with OEM pedals are fitted with SPD's....we had to re-look our cleat system. The XTrack also has an improved duel seal....which will surely help in our South African conditions.

Is the Time and place to mention after + 20 yrs of mtbking I’ve never ridden with a spd type Pedal be it shimano or whatever.... Time Atacs all the way

Even put them on my road and tri bike about 6 or7 years ago

????

Is the Time and place to mention after + 20 yrs of mtbking I’ve never ridden with a spd type Pedal be it shimano or whatever.... Time Atacs all the way

Even put them on my road and tri bike about 6 or7 years ago

[emoji868]

I rode ATAC’s for over 10 years. My favorite were my Miguel Martinez Carbon World Champ ones....but, about a year ago I went XT Shimano and to be honest am very happy. No second shoe for gym, no worry about cleats being available at stage races etc. But I loved my ATAC’s.

Because marketing. Didn't you hear the American man say it is "The best"? You're soooo cynical.

Not dissing the pedal or anything. 

Riding STrack at the moment, they're good, not sure they're better than SPD. 

The selling points for the XTrack just don't convince me yet. It's just a SPD made by someone else than Shimano. 

5mm of extra contact point won't make me win any races. 

Not dissing the pedal or anything.

Riding STrack at the moment, they're good, not sure they're better than SPD.

The selling points for the XTrack just don't convince me yet. It's just a SPD made by someone else than Shimano.

5mm of extra contact point won't make me win any races.

Selling points is the interesting statement.

Like mud clearance. Have you ever had an issue with mud clearance? Not me. Maybe once in Sabie but then the bigger problem was my back wheel not turning...

Contact patch. Marketing hype in my opinion.

Dual seal. Shimano has one and theyre known industry wide for being bulletproof.

Also not dissing the actual Look product here - I just despair at the *** they come up with to sell us stuff.

I imagine most people would not be able to say which pedal they were riding in a blind test - look or shimano or time or vp etc.

I think pros use and say whatever the sponsors give them and tell them to say.

S-track was good and had good weight for a race bike also. These are heavier and copied tech from another company. Either look gave up on doing their own thing in terms of design or just got lazy. 

Incidentally I owned 2 sets of Look Quartz which where great and 2 sets of S-track. I will be looking elsewhere now when I need to change or just buy XT.