chicks dig scars, bruises heal...

Shebeen

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not so lucky with scars. Even if I use bio oil.

However when I was at primary school I got a serious tar roastie, right cheek, shoulder, hand knee etc. 99% of the scars are gone. One on the cheek is completely gone.

Doc said I must use nivea cream and mix some brown liquid in it. I cant remember what it was called, but it came in a small bottle we got at the chemist.

I scar badly. I also don't learn. One day when I grow up I'll be able to ride a bike.

What I have learned is that wounds heal better when moist (echoing Slowbee.)

So I scrub the crap out of the wound with burny stuff to clean it. Then I go bos with bactroban (or its generic, or even vaseline,) layer it with jelonet (basically vaseline impregnated mesh) and then put opsite (the transparent plaster film mentioned above) over it.

Keep it clean, keep it moist and you'll be fine.

Rock climbers use this locally made stuff called Healing hands by sloan essentials, like zambuk on steroids, you really can tear up skin on fingertips when climbing and this stuff helps especially when you climbing day after day. We now use if for everything, grazes, fresh scars, lip ice, spider bites, sunburn the lot, seems to work.

can get it from climbing gym or mountain mail order.

and memories live forever....

ok, we know they do. But now that I'm in my 30's, got enough from my 20's and not really looking for more chicks beyond the one i pay to do lots of things on a contratual basis. I need to sort out my scars. Nothing seems to heal anymore, even the simplest of wipeouts ends up with a permanent marker.

apart from Bio-Oil, does anyone have any good muti to put on once the scabs fall off.

Jeez! That's sugarcoating it a bit, eh...? You're knocking on 40's door and it's been several years since you can reference leaving your 20s with "NOW that".

Jeez! That's sugarcoating it a bit, eh...? You're knocking on 40's door and it's been several years since you can reference leaving your 20s with "NOW that".

:eek: :eek: , I need some of that anti scaring stuff! Just got a HUGE roastie falling off my chair, seeing Mr Sauce post !

Great to know you are still around and hopefully still riding

I spent a week in hospital after one of my more spectacular wipeouts, I had some sort of clear dressing stuck over my roasties - after about 10days, I peeled them off & was amazed to find healed up pink skin underneath. No scabs No changing dressings, no methiolate torture, no sticking to the sheets at night - wish I found out what they used.......

Get a cold shiver just seeing that word...

I had a nasty roastie on my arm which was causing me to struggle to work on the computer as it was too sore and itchy (was dry).  Chemist recommend Germoline, its thick pink stuff and it worked like a charm.  

I now use it for any scrapes or insect bites. 

My son who has also been fussy with things like Savlon etc loves the Germoline as it doesn't sting at all.

Edited by Ratty

That's exactly what I said!!

hahahahaha

:eek: :eek: , I need some of that anti scaring stuff! Just got a HUGE roastie falling off my chair, seeing Mr Sauce post !

Great to know you are still around and hopefully still riding

Been lurking for a few years. Was spending too much time online at one point so stayed away. I check in from time to time.

Riding more now than ever! It's wonderful!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

thanks for all the tips, i used to heal pretty easily. But seems that the last 3/4 years the scars stay. irritating thing is you get scars that look epic, but are just a lame story of a tiny wipeout that didn't heal nicely!

I don't really care about the look, more the health issues way down the line as surely real skin is better than scar tissue.

Screw you old man. still 3 years away from the big four oh - actually only happens next decade!

I spent a week in hospital after one of my more spectacular wipeouts, I had some sort of clear dressing stuck over my roasties - after about 10days, I peeled them off & was amazed to find healed up pink skin underneath. No scabs No changing dressings, no methiolate torture, no sticking to the sheets at night - wish I found out what they used.......

I had this same stuff over my entire back.  Felt like that sticky contact stuff that you stick over books in school.  It also healed up very quickly and left not a single mark.  Magic stuff