Ezelenduro for Noobs. Or: What Not to Do to Finish Ezel

Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

Apologies - it was intended as banter and nothing personal. 

lekker, no worries... 

There is a lot of blame on my shoulders for that, admittedly. There are times when I could have done a 30 minute HIIT session or something similar to continue the training, or a glass of wine on the couch with my wife / lightie next to me has been more important. But... yeah. Can't change what's done. 

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, you can. I just want to have that combo of 6 hours AND lactic acid overload... 

:P

As for exercises - climbing (rock) is a good one. As are bodyweight exercises to failure and beyond. Need to look into it more though. 

Punisher squats. Farmer walks. You're welcome.

With respect Myles.

You should not have written this. For whatever reason, you didn't finish the event. There are 54 people who did and are therefore more qualified to write about it. Surely finishing should be a pre requisite to putting pen to paper?

With respect Myles.

You should not have written this. For whatever reason, you didn't finish the event. There are 54 people who did and are therefore more qualified to write about it. Surely finishing should be a pre requisite to putting pen to paper?

Copying my response to Vettes from the other thread "where has your bike taken you today"

And here are Dobbo's actual words to me "Awesome! Hoping it inspires more riders to try it next year! Tx and well done"

I didn't finish, but it doesn't mean I can't write about my experience.

Maybe It'll help someone else prepare for it or something similar a bit better than I did.

Oh. I also think that the very fact I DIDN'T complete, means there's something to be said. It's brutal. It's uncompromising. It's also a sign that it is achievable for the average Joe. Maybe not to finish, but to at least try. 

With respect Myles.

Ermmm, let him write whatever he wants. One doesn't have to be qualified to write. No pressure requisites, unless you want reports to be an elite old boys club.

I for one am glad I didn't have to schlep Myles' bike and body up there. My 85kg body and 14kg bike was rough enough.

Hats off Myles, next year pull finger and do it better.

With respect Myles.

Maybe you can post a link to a race report of one of the 54 "more worthy" writers?

If not then us hubbers will just have to make do with Myles  :whistling:

or you can do Ride to Rhodes/Freedom challenge.

Pietermaritzburg – Allendale 101dkm, 3629m altitude gain

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_58Xv77IO9-k/SHdk4veG2MI/AAAAAAAAACU/7Zs4dEafHWA/s320/P01+PMB+to+Allendale.jpg

ok, now back to Ezelenduro - where are all the pikshas

All of a sudden my lower back is starting to hurt.  :ph34r:

Yoh okes... Matt Lombardi didn't finish either. 

Myles bought gees, a good attitude and radness to a pretty tough event.

Next year hopefully he will smash the last hike a bike and fall his way down stage 5 with the rest of us.

Yoh okes... Matt Lombardi didn't finish either. 

Myles bought gees, a good attitude and radness to a pretty tough event.

Next year hopefully he will smash the last hike a bike and fall his way down stage 5 with the rest of us.

And Theo Erlangsen missed a turn on St1, meaning he didn't get a time for stages 1 or 2. He also had a mechanical (blown tyre) on st4 just before I started down, so DNF'd. Boerie blew his tyre PROPERLY on the liaison to stage 4. DNF. Had to walk off the mountain... THAT must have been a test of character... 

I like that Myles wrote a report about how not to finish an event.

Helps everyone else learn what they should do to finish an event.

With respect Myles.

come on dude, that is ***. So no journalist can write about the TdF because they have never finished it?

ok ok ok boys release those panties

MYLES you ******* rock star

sorry I questioned your climbing     NOT :devil: 

Archived