Gauteng road and tt champs 2018

Gear the 2nd

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks.

From Zeffer:

To make a loooong story short.

No tandem category any more. It is not a CSA category and not at SA champs.

Will facebook it later today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From Zeffer:

Interesting, there was a tandem cat. at the SA Champs in Wellington!

From Zeffer:

Ok so no tandem race at all then?

Where on FB should I look? Don't really do fb anymore but will log in and have a look.

Wonder what they will do if there are already tandems that have entered and paid? 

Where on FB should I look? Don't really do fb anymore but will log in and have a look.

Wonder what they will do if there are already tandems that have entered and paid?

Search for Gauteng North Cycling on FB.

Contact Gusty, she’s the GNC secretary, and one of the time keepers at most races. Very friendly and helpful... I’m sure she could advise. Her details are on the advert for the event.

No more tandem cats at provincials or SA (There was in the past)

No, will be good to see you riding a normal bike again.

lol yeah. It's just that my toppie isn't getting any younger and at 61 he is still strong and fit so I want to race with him as much as I can while he is still able to push out the watts. I got plenty years to still race vets. We had a fairly good season end of last year so wanted to keep on rolling. Best I get the road bike out and dust it off then.

Contact Gusty, she’s the GNC secretary, and one of the time keepers at most races. Very friendly and helpful... I’m sure she could advise. Her details are on the advert for the event.

The response from Gusti if anyone is interested.

Yes, unfortunately we had to cancel it due to the fact that it will also not be a category at SA's.  We cannot have it at provincials if not a National event.
The reasons that Cycling SA has given is that it has not been supported well enough during the last 3 years and that these numbers do not validate the time and cost involved in having the category.  Their 2nd reason is that tandems are not a world or master world champs category.

Sorry!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived