Keep the Morewoods or sell?

Mongooser

Ive been talking to a lot of the pros racers ex sponsored riders and business guys about Morewood

most of them are saying Morewoods pretty much dead. the shop is down and so is they're actual site 

has been for awhile now.

I own 2 of they're bikes, Shova LT and a Kalula, last week some twat rode into me and broke my hanger

I cant get one now. Ive tried emails contacting the owner,Nothing. 3 months ago i managed to barely get a hanger for the shova lt.

Should i be hanging on to bikes that I cant get spares for or should i sell them

or should i be keeping the 2 bikes... I dont want to sit with 2 bikes i cant fix or sell

Opinions would help thanks.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive been talking to a lot of the pros racers ex sponsored riders and business guys about Morewood

most of them are saying Morewoods pretty much dead. the shop is down and so is they're actual site 

has been for awhile now.

I own 2 of they're bikes, Shova LT and a Kalula, last week some twat rode into me and broke my hanger

I cant get one now. Ive tried emails contacting the owner,Nothing. 3 months ago i managed to barely get a hanger for the shova lt.

Should i be hanging on to bikes that I cant get spares for or should i sell them

or should i be keeping the 2 bikes... I dont want to sit with 2 bikes i cant fix or sell

Opinions would help thanks.

PM sent

Morewood is dead. Has been ever since Pat left. Dump the bikes and buy something new and shiny, with parts that are readily available. 

Apart from the hanger, what other parts are proprietary to your Morewoods? Why not take your damaged one to an engineering shop and have them cut 2 or 3 for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mmm, I see the site is gone. Looked at it a few weeks ago and it was running. 

Anyone know what happened to the Momsen team up that was announced a year or two back?

Apart from the hanger, what other parts are proprietary to your Morewoods? Why not take your damaged one to an engineering shop and have them cut 2 or 3 for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

let me explain,

some of you may remember i had a  canyon DH bike

broke 4 pivot bolts bent the rear triangle a bit and mucked that up, couldn't get frame bolts so had to buy the kalula. Hangers are the least of my concerns.

Morewood is dead. Has been ever since Pat left. Dump the bikes and buy something new and shiny, with parts that are readily available. 

the Demo 8 deal is still available for me

so i can get a spez demo 8 if i want

most of them are saying Morewoods pretty much dead. the shop is down and so is

they're their actual site has been for awhile now.

For Pete's sake. 

'They're' is an abbreviation for 'they are' 

eg. Those two Morewoods you own are pretty much the same bike.

They're or They are both 180mm bikes if I'm not mistaken.

So getting rid of at least one of them kinda makes sense. 

Their means 'belonging to' or 'associated with' something previously mentioned.

eg. In ten years all the plebs who were saying: 'I should never have sold my Shova.'

Will be looking at old Morewood frames with stars in their eyes.

If they were my bikes I wouldn't sell them. I would hang on to at least one.

You have yourself something special there. The frames are bombproof. The fact that they're still in one piece after being under you for this long are testament enough to how well they were made. Morewood the brand may be dead. And the old frames themselves may not have much intrinsic value...right now. But that's the point. It doesn't look like there will ever be another Morewood bike again. And therein lies the value.

If you're on a budget and have no time for tributes and/or history. If all that matters is having a solid bike beneath you then sell them. Do what you feel is best for you. Just remember. There really is no such thing as an indestructible bike. Bikes are temporary. Like everything else. Some brands are harder to get parts for than others sure. But I'm willing to bet the Demo you have lined up may be just as much a pain in the ass to maintain as those Morewoods. 

For Pete's sake. 

'They're' is an abbreviation for 'they are' 

eg. Those two Morewoods you own are pretty much the same bike.

They're or They are both 180mm bikes if I'm not mistaken.

So getting rid of at least one of them kinda makes sense. 

Their means 'belonging to' or 'associated with' something previously mentioned.

eg. In ten years all the plebs who were saying: 'I should never have sold my Shova.'

Will be looking at old Morewood frames with stars in their eyes.

If they were my bikes I wouldn't sell them. I would hang on to at least one.

You have yourself something special there. The frames are bombproof. The fact that they're still in one piece after being under you for this long are testament enough to how well they were made. Morewood the brand may be dead. And the old frames themselves may not have much intrinsic value...right now. But that's the point. It doesn't look like there will ever be another Morewood bike again. And therein lies the value.

If you're on a budget and have no time for tributes and/or history. If all that matters is having a solid bike beneath you then sell them. Do what you feel is best for you. Just remember. There really is no such thing as an indestructible bike. Bikes are temporary. Like everything else. Some brands are harder to get parts for than others sure. But I'm willing to bet the Demo you have lined up may be just as much a pain in the ass to maintain as those Morewoods. 

How was your comprehension of the english language when you were a kid?.... as good as it is now, now that you are older and have a better understanding of it?

How was your comprehension of the english language when you were a kid?.... as good as it is now, now that you are older and have a better understanding of it?

Good grief now that I read my post I actually feel bad. Ignore the tone. My intention was only to help. A lesson in grammar that came across as petty. Truth is I know the kid. And I feel for him since he keeps breaking everything. 

Archived