Giro d'Italia 2018: The Most Beautiful Grand Tour

'Dale

Maincheese holds true to form... cant mix it with big boys another disappointing performance

At what point do DDD say right Ben O'Connor can get a top 10 lets start working for him?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great sportsmanship from Yates for giving Chaves the win.

The youngster had a great race! 

But the power from Simon... Wow, that was very impressive!

http://cdn.media.cyclingnews.com/2018/05/10/1/bettiniphoto_0332529_1_2000px_670.jpg

After careful development, long-term exposure to GC racing and a show of mutual loyalty by both riders and team, the Yates twins and The Smiling Assassin are really beginning to threaten the more experienced. Chapeau!

Great sportsmanship from Yates for giving Chaves the win.

The youngster had a great race!

But the power from Simon... Wow, that was very impressive!

http://cdn.media.cyclingnews.com/2018/05/10/1/bettiniphoto_0332529_1_2000px_670.jpg

Are you talking about Chavez..cause he is older than Yates [emoji23]

At what point do DDD say right Ben O'Connor can get a top 10 lets start working for him?

I'm hoping O'Connor and the Cheese can both fight for top 10.

In reality DDD is not a top GC team so they'll mostly be given a free ride most of the time with little to no "duties" in the peleton. They should be able to protect both.

I think the sooner the better..... if not a top 10 O'Conner also has a good chance to win the Best young rider category so he needs to be supported as much as possible.

What a great stage. One thing I noticed though is that Yates doesn't seem to have a computer / head unit. He does have what looks like a power pod attached under his handlebars on the left while looking at the front but no power meter / garmin / SRM head unit. 

What exactly happened with Maincheeese? Didn't look like he was just dropped and sliding backwards?

With all the crashes thought he mightve been caught behind one. But then apparent in his best form. Giro would be early in the year for some of those riders.

What exactly happened with Maincheeese? Didn't look like he was just dropped and sliding backwards?

With all the crashes thought he mightve been caught behind one. But then apparent in his best form. Giro would be early in the year for some of those riders.

He is often badly positioned in the group and when moves happen or an increase of pace happens (or incidents) he finds himself at the wrong end and has to go close gaps and to get back to minimise time losses.. if he would just ride a bit closer to the front he just may have a better chance of staying in contact with the favourites.

The Maincheese didn’t really look in trouble the few times the cameras were on him, very composed and his pedal stroke was smooth. So I don’t really know what happened there hey? Maybe he’s taking those bets for Qhubeka bikes seriously and losing time to win some stages????

Strong ride by O’Connor though, up to 13th now. Will be interesting to see how his body responds in the final week.

Tomorrow's upload will be a goodie

It is almost impossible to not have Chaves on your favorite rider list  :)

Are you talking about Chavez..cause he is older than Yates [emoji23]

Epic fail...

I cannot believe that Yates is younger. I thought the commentator made a mistake by saying he is only 25-years of age. 

Chavez looks so much younger haha.

Epic fail...

I cannot believe that Yates is younger. I thought the commentator made a mistake by saying he is only 25-years of age.

Chavez looks so much younger haha.

He does yes..looks very young but he is 28

I'm hoping O'Connor and the Cheese can both fight for top 10.

In reality DDD is not a top GC team so they'll mostly be given a free ride most of the time with little to no "duties" in the peleton. They should be able to protect both.

According to DDD they are working for both .

O'Connor also indicated after the stage that they were both protected.

If they decide to go with him only from now on at least he will have someone to protect him for longer on the climbs. LM has been struggling the whole year, same as Chaves last year.

Archived