Giro d'Italia 2018: The Most Beautiful Grand Tour

'Dale

With him fighting for the white jersey a few years ago against the Yates brothers, and now seeing Simon not only in pink but the way he rides his bike. He attacks the Inters for bonus time, learned to TT etc, i think this is what has made most Saffas look at LM and say , JUST DO SOMETHING , PLEASE!

Yebo.

I think he was always a little bit behind the Yates twins, but just a little bit.

We know they can all finish top10 at the TdF, but since then: 

LM has been on 3 different teams

Yates twins stayed on a team that is now built around their future as GC contenders

Has LM reached his peak, time will tell. BUT it will be very disappointing if his results plateau from 8th at the TdF

1 23px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png Simon Yates (GBR) 20px-Jersey_white.svg.png Orica–Scott 86h 27' 09" 2 23px-Flag_of_South_Africa.svg.png Louis Meintjes (RSA) UAE Team Emirates + 2' 06"

1 23px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png Adam Yates (GBR) 20px-Jersey_white.svg.png Orica–BikeExchange 89h 09' 30" 2 23px-Flag_of_South_Africa.svg.png Louis Meintjes (RSA) Lampre–Merida

+ 2' 16"

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes please.... show us that Afrikaans white men can jump

OUR pride and is at stake

they need a helping hand

http://www.planetrugby.com/content/uploads/2015/09/1022.6666666666666x767__origin__0x0_Victor_Matfield_Samoa_South_Africa1.jpg

they need a helping hand

http://www.planetrugby.com/content/uploads/2015/09/1022.6666666666666x767__origin__0x0_Victor_Matfield_Samoa_South_Africa1.jpg

buy some socks

I am just happy I am not a professional sports person, all the criticism from every Tom, Dick and Harry must be tiresome.

Never understood this.

Its part of the job they CHOSE to do. Fans AND critics come with the territory. 

Am I correct that this is the gate they go through within the last km?

attachicon.gifGate.JPG

:eek: Well it is the Giro, so probably. 

Never understood this.

Its part of the job they CHOSE to do. Fans AND critics come with the territory.

I am also not sure why we are allowed to give the soccer/rugby/cricket players stick but Meintjes is off limits.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I am also not sure why we are allowed to give the soccer/rugby/cricket players stick but Meintjes is off limits.

Same reason why Impey is "innocent" and everybody else is not. 

I am not saying that the criticism should not happen. And agree that they are being paid because of that: they entertain us.

I am just happy that my computer screen isn't open for all to comment on as I make design decisions and material selections.

I have enough commentary coming from my wife on the things I do at home to handle. If I had to respond to 10 000 comments about why a specific structural member isn't X mm thicker I won't be able to function.

What I am leaning towards is that although it looks cool to be a professional sports person, I for one would not be able to function within that world. So Bless their souls!

Every race you watch these days and see how the top teams are conditioned and are able to defend their respective riders, I must say, DDD always seem to be not properly conditioned both physically and tactically??

I can actually watch some of the stage today...so I am hoping for more fireworks

Lekka lekka

The finalè is gonna be helluva entertaining

Watch the puncheurs come out to play.

Hard to call the winner.

And if a GC favoirite have sapped legs from yesterday's 6 hr ride and overall endurance issues it'll be exciting.

Go Tummy D ????????

I think its rather a poor show that DD stays tight lipped on the ongoing poor form of LM or what the intend doing for the rest of giro with regards to change of plan or new strategy now that their nominated lead rider is nowhere to be found on the GC top 10

I think its rather a poor show that DD stays tight lipped on the ongoing poor form of LM or what the intend doing for the rest of giro with regards to change of plan or new strategy now that their nominated lead rider is nowhere to be found on the GC top 10

Why is it poor form?

he's most likely only using this now as build-up for the tour...we can just hope.

Not doing Tour, Cav going for the Tour.

Archived