Giro d'Italia 2018: The Most Beautiful Grand Tour

'Dale

Big day for a few riders today..

Word is it is fast and flat and not too technical..which will probably mean the time gaps won't be huge.

Dumoulin and Yates both have to ride the ITT of their lives.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i recon yates will continue to ride out of he's socks and wont be too far off today... the extra watts that come with the maglia rosa 

Will be interesting to see who's got what left today.

Last night I was thinking about the Saline drips and other recovery methods that were used by US Postal back in the day. . . .

i recon yates will continue to ride out of he's socks and wont be too far off today... the extra watts that come with the maglia rosa  massive blood bag.

There I fixed it for you.

Barring a nutrition bonk, crash or something really unusual, this Giro is for Michelton-Scott to lose.

It is a long way to Rome though. 

Week 3 always surprises.

Go Tummy D!

Barring a nutrition bonk, crash or something really unusual, this Giro is for Michelton-Scott to lose.

It's clear they specifically targeted this Grand Tour and got to fly somewhat under the radar with the focus on Froome. And Froome MUST be negatively affected by all of the drama around his asthma pump.

It's clear they specifically targeted this Grand Tour and got to fly somewhat under the radar with the focus on Froome. And Froome MUST be negatively affected by all of the drama around his asthma pump.

You read how books from other GT riders who speak about how starting a race stressed can effect the physical performance & you have to think that this & the idea of a different training regime to target the double has not added to the injury issues from the Israel stages. 

Then you compare that this has been the sole focus for Yates since last year. Matt White says he picked and briefed his team for this giro in September last year so they could train, tailor and focus on this 3 week goal.  

Then you compare that this has been the sole focus for Yates since last year. Matt White says he picked and briefed his team for this giro in September last year so they could train, tailor and focus on this 3 week goal.  

But Sky did exactly the same thing last year with TDF.

Fromme went into the TDF without any wins in 2017 and then won the TDF.

Good for Scott for (possibly) changing their strategy and focusing on the Giro.

They handing out punishment to all the other contenders and the real winners are the fans because it makes for exciting racing.

Come TDF Scott will do what Dimension Data are doing at the Giro, just sit in the bunch and chill. Maybe Scott will just go for a Stage win or 2(at TDF).

IMO of course

Come TDF Scott will do what Dimension Data are doing at the Giro, just sit in the bunch and chill. Maybe Scott will just go for a Stage win or 2(at TDF).

IMO of course

Wonder if MS will go full out for Adam Yates come TDF time?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Wonder if MS will go full out for Adam Yates come TDF time?

If they do then you'll have to change your profile picture to the Yates brothers  :D

I think at this stage they have to be really happy with their performance at the Giro.

If they do then you'll have to change your profile picture to the Yates brothers :D

I think at this stage they have to be really happy with their performance at the Giro.

Not going to happen.

Anyhow think the will be all in for Ewan stage wins at the TDF.

4 seconds per km is the estimated advantage Tummy D has over Yates twin over a relatively flat time-trial course

Archived