Are Raleigh bicycles from Makro still a bad idea

ravz86

Well can pick up this bad boy for R3500

Rather apt having a Microsoft sticker on there..... as with MS, this is more likely to crash and seize within the first 10 minutes than run as promised.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve done 4x 947’s on a Dion special Raleigh... nothing wrong with the bike until it was stolen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a Makro MTB .... 

Took it back the next day !!  Hold the front tire between your knees, then turn the handles bars side to side ... gives a NEW meaning to "flex" !!!!

So for a full size bike, NO I wont do this again

Then again, the kids Titan is actually giving us good service ....

• 3 weeks later...

The only good reason to own a Raleigh is if you are looking for a way to book yourself in at the local hospital...

I think that's a bit harsh. Raleigh road bikes range form beginner to really very good. I feel it's one of those bikes that if you haven't owned one somewhere along the line, you can't consider yourself a real cycling enthusiast. Therefore I cannot consider myself a real enthusiast  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:

The only good reason to own a Raleigh is if you are looking for a way to book yourself in at the local hospital...

Really?

I've done an Argus and a 947 on my Raleigh... with plenty prep and it's still going strong....

(Ok. Must add it's proper old school 1957/8 Raleigh...)

I think that's a bit harsh. Raleigh road bikes range form beginner to really very good. I feel it's one of those bikes that if you haven't owned one somewhere along the line, you can't consider yourself a real cycling enthusiast. Therefore I cannot consider myself a real enthusiast  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:

+1000

Archived