Chris Froome returns adverse analytical finding for Salbutamol

Andrew Steer

Shees... I asked Google a question and I landed on a body building site..those oke's would drink horse pee if they thought they could benefit from it.

Seems they use clenbuterol and Salbutamol for fat loss..those oke's are mal..

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I used to follow the international Body Building scene quite strongly in the days of Arnold Schwarzenegger, Franco Columbo, Tom Platz, Frank Zane and so on, the old school as it were, steroid testing was in its infancy then but it wasn't as prevalent either, these guys were huge, and i mean huge, I went to the Mr Universe in Durban once where Arnold won and you really had to see them to believe their size, I remember reading about Tom Platz in a magazine once and he ate six chickens a day when he was bulking up, plus litres of whole cream milk and raw eggs by the dozen, Arnold was pretty close behind, but they ate good food, proper food and they trained like dogs, huge poundages, two three hour sessions a day were common, they were also very single track minded, Arnold missed every Christmas because he was at the gym, he was late to his moms funeral, because he was at the gym, they gave up a lot, .....sadly today as in many things people want overnight success, the bar now is not higher than it was back then, its just now they don't work as hard.

By the way google Frank Zane at his peak, he had one of the most symetrical physiques ever, there has never been another like him.      

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.those oke's are mal..

And if they wern't before, they will be afterwards...

Shees... I asked Google a question and I landed on a body building site..those oke's would drink horse pee if they thought they could benefit from it.

Apparently that also includes cooking oil, not for rubbing it on to look slick but to inject it and make their muscles look bigger. Beyond weird.

The world can be far stranger than fiction sometimes.

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

I grant it could be a mistake - but if its inhaled only, and assuming renal clearance is normal, it is one hell of a big mistake... too big to do easily... and of dubious benefit for racing to overdose like that.

In theory - And strictly a theory - the hourly limits should still stay under 1000 easily... And that dose by far exceeds the max therapeutic doses normally used.

I suppose then another (unlikely) possibility could be contamination....rival team puts some salbutamol into a bottle and get it into froome's hands somehow..the stakes are that high, and after motoman cruising round france anything is possible here!

I used to follow the international Body Building scene quite strongly in the days of Arnold Schwarzenegger, Franco Columbo, Tom Platz, Frank Zane and so on, the old school as it were, steroid testing was in its infancy then but it wasn't as prevalent either, these guys were huge, and i mean huge, I went to the Mr Universe in Durban once where Arnold won and you really had to see them to believe their size, I remember reading about Tom Platz in a magazine once and he ate six chickens a day when he was bulking up, plus litres of whole cream milk and raw eggs by the dozen, Arnold was pretty close behind, but they ate good food, proper food and they trained like dogs, huge poundages, two three hour sessions a day were common, they were also very single track minded, Arnold missed every Christmas because he was at the gym, he was late to his moms funeral, because he was at the gym, they gave up a lot, .....sadly today as in many things people want overnight success, the bar now is not higher than it was back then, its just now they don't work as hard.

By the way google Frank Zane at his peak, he had one of the most symetrical physiques ever, there has never been another like him.      

jislaaikit GoG, but you really have seen some things in your day!

what else is weird. 

the limit is 1000, Froome had 2000. do they round off to the closest 100? so was he maybe on 1950

When were you involved in bodybuilding in Durban? My old man was a huge bodybuilding fan in the 70’s

I attended a seminar by Robbie Robinson, also same era as these guys. He admitted to using steroids. He was very candid about his steroid use. He told us what he used and when he used it. The gym where I worked hosted him.

It was very prevalent amongst those guys in those days and still is.

Robbie Robinson was my height, about 1.78, weighed in at a whopping 112 kg and had a body fat less than 8 percent off season.

No amount of chicken will make a human that big.

He was a monster, but had an attitude of note.

I enjoyed the Stages podcast with Lance on this matter. I can recommend the listen

Even with the F bombs.... his cookie jar of fines must be getting full

Probably going to get roasted for this but anyway...

I used to compete in bodybuilding many years ago and have used both. Along with other substances. The Doctor says that there is no documented proof of performance enhancement, but from personal use I can tell you that the stuff works, VERY well. Combine clen with thyroid hormones like T3 (still legal in sport) and you have a fantastic energy boosting, fat burning combo. As long as a person controls the potential cramps with L-Tyrosine and extra sodium, they WILL get serious performance enhancement as well as muscle building/retention and fat loss. I'm still healthy as I used to use moderate doses of everything (EVERYTHING lol...) and years later, my heart etc are all in perfect condition. It's no free trip though, the health consequences are real and permanent, as many of my friends can attest to.

Never mind being too lazy to listen to the pod cast, you are even too lazy to ask nicely.

Apologies Jaco.  :blush:

Bullet points please.  

Apologies Jaco.  :blush:

Bullet points please.  

:clap:  :clap:

Im going to have a listen shortly, if he hasn't responded by then, I will pop down some points.

Archived