Chris Froome returns adverse analytical finding for Salbutamol

Andrew Steer

I really don’t think anybody said that was ok? Point me to their post and we can honesty climb into it....

I think that is entirely the point - there are no posts condemning them...  While the absence  of condemnation posts doesn't  automatically mean we supported them, it does (in my opinion)  indicate we at least turned a semi blind eye and weren't as critical as we should be...

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bike

Sjoe, was getting roff there for a minute, glad you guys patched (no pun intended) this up, thought a very public divorce was coming.

Must say

Those two can tuck ‘n roll

Have seen it many times around the Sky related debates

Always dignified

Respect ????????

I think that is entirely the point - there are no posts condemning them... While the absence of condemnation posts doesn't automatically mean we supported them, it does (in my opinion) indicate we at least turned a semi blind eye and weren't as critical as we should be...

Perhaps because everyone found out really early that it was never up the the UCI to make it public.. with the procedure around cases like these the UCI are not permitted to make anything public without rider consent.

I am no Cookson fan and yes it was always going to be leaked and yes both team and UCI should've handled it different..

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Must say

Those two can tuck ‘n roll

Have seen it many times around the Sky related debates

Always dignified

Respect [emoji1476]

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I never take it personally and I doubt Patches does either..two people with different opinions and different outlook on things who occasionally debate certain things publicly. Patches is a good soul.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I never take it personally and I doubt Patches does either..two people with different opinions and different outlook on things who occasionally debate certain things publicly. Patches is a good soul.

Good on you, keyboard warrior Sagan fanatic

Life’s too short ????

One must never confuse difference of opinions with that of dislike or disrespect.

Few things are as heathy as people with different opinions disagreeing, but still accepting each other as people.

I really don’t think anybody said that was ok? Point me to their post and we can honesty climb into it. Other wise this seems a bit like a “but her emails” type of angle doesn’t it? Condemning or questioning the new French dude, does not equate to support of the previous president.

I think Cookson did damage to cycling with a biased approach, and I think David is going to damage cycling with a biased approach. I hope to be proven wrong, but the way this story was leaked does make one ask questions.

Edit: on the ship that’s sailed, 100% agreed.

My point was that if you look hard enough you can make a conspiracy about anything. Give me a spoon, a box of chocolates and a trashy romance novel and I'll give you an earth shaking doping conspiracy...

Ultimately, what we've seen is that anti doping isn't a deterrent, they have no authority, and they have to actually catch someone red handed to stand a chance of proving their case. Which is why the biggest busts in recent times came from law enforcement and investigative journalism. Rather than questioning a journalist's motives, celebrate the fact that someone is asking difficult questions...

My point was that if you look hard enough you can make a conspiracy about anything. Give me a spoon, a box of chocolates and a trashy romance novel and I'll give you an earth shaking doping conspiracy...

Ultimately, what we've seen is that anti doping isn't a deterrent, they have no authority, and they have to actually catch someone red handed to stand a chance of proving their case. Which is why the biggest busts in recent times came from law enforcement and investigative journalism. Rather than questioning a journalist's motives, celebrate the fact that someone is asking difficult questions...

I agree with your core message, I really do.

I also agree that you can scratch out a conspiracy whenever you want, some are just much easier than others, or likely. Eg: It is slightly more likely that a new French President has an ex to grind than the possibility that it is for Froome to actually be a disguised Korben Dallas who has been searching for LeeLoo in the French mountains for the past decade in the hopes of finding the 5th element and saving the galaxy from Trump.

Im not questioning journalists, (which is something we should do by the way), I am asking questions (slight difference) about the UCI presidents motives, which is exactly what you did about Cookson, and rightly so.

So when the British head of the UCI hides the positive of a British rider on a British team that his son used to work for, that's ok?

I'm a fan of the sport, but right now I'd rather watch lawn bowls. Yes, those geysers are probably doping too, but they don't take me for a fool...

I think the ship on the zero tolerance angle has sailed a long long time ago:

Bobby Julich (confessed doper and Chris's former coach)

Geert Leinders (life time banned doping doctor who served on Sky)

Jonathan Tiernan-Locke (doped, but did it "without the team knowing", despite pointing the finger at Dr "I lost my laptop and don't keep backups" Freeman)

The Jiffy Bag incident

The "we never ordered all that testosterone" saga

The "we ordered bucket loads of kenacort so that the support staff (and only the support staff) could lose weight" episode

The "let's use TUEs to get a benefit, not because we need them and then blame hay-fever" philosophy

This... in spades!  :thumbup:

It appears that the British team is prepared to take its anti-doping cases into the realm of what I refer to as the “head-slap zone.” That’s the realm in which the explanations are so unlikely and far-fetched that even casual cycling fans slap their heads in amazement. Yes, this is the realm of Tyler Hamilton’s chimeric vanishing twin, Lance Armstrong’s French conspiracy, Raimondas Rumsas’s “The steroids were for my mother-in-law,” Adrie van der Poel eating juiced pigeons, or Gilberto Simoni taking a cocaine cough drop from Peru. Simply reading those excuses in succession makes me want to slap my head.

Read more at http://www.velonews.com/2018/01/commentary/commentary-the-simplest-explanation-for-froomes-salbutamol-test_454985#FuxX4Pk7r2wc8Fyw.99

It appears that the British team is prepared to take its anti-doping cases into the realm of what I refer to as the “head-slap zone.” That’s the realm in which the explanations are so unlikely and far-fetched that even casual cycling fans slap their heads in amazement. Yes, this is the realm of Tyler Hamilton’s chimeric vanishing twin, Lance Armstrong’s French conspiracy, Raimondas Rumsas’s “The steroids were for my mother-in-law,” Adrie van der Poel eating juiced pigeons, or Gilberto Simoni taking a cocaine cough drop from Peru. Simply reading those excuses in succession makes me want to slap my head.

Read more at http://www.velonews.com/2018/01/commentary/commentary-the-simplest-explanation-for-froomes-salbutamol-test_454985#FuxX4Pk7r2wc8Fyw.99

Or a pharmacist...... I'll just leave it there before another war starts

Or a pharmacist...... I'll just leave it there before another war starts

The only story more ridiculous than the sequence of events described in the “incompetent pharmacist” one, was the Italian who claimed that he went pop for going down on his wife too often.

Find this interesting:

“That is why Sky is better [with him] off the road. But I can’t force them.” he added.

Reminds me of a toothless old mutt who can’t bark, but has to make some noise because that’s what he should do

Archived