Bib-shorts

BikeisLife

So, the time has come where I’ve got some extra money to finally spoil myself with a decent pair of bib shorts and hang up the old Cape Storms that don’t do the greatest job for the longer rides.

Are there any brands that I should definitely look at?

Are there any brands that I should stay clear of?

I’ve has a look at Ciovita as they have a fairly decent deal, are they worth it?

Thanks in advance!

My budget is maxed at R2 500.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Which Assos model? Are they all decent or is there a substantial difference with price increase?

Assos is the bestm - if you can afford them then get them.  Neopro is good enough.  I have a few of them and the 1 level higher and there is not  much difference.  

Castelli for me if you doing road riding, i gave away my assos shorts was a piece of overpriced sh*t.

Also found Santini to be good value for money, Vermarc RPP worked well for 2-3hours anything after that my ass was buggered.

I'm seriously impressed with Ciovita. Will be swaddling my bits in some very soon.

Castelli (when on special - thanks CWC) are very nice and hold everything firmly in place.

I've tried various brands and some are effective, but my choice would definitely be Assos... which ever model you can afford... 

I like my Craft bibs. Comfy, retains colour after many many washes and you can get 2 for the price of Assos.