Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2018

BigDL

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit of a stomach bug put paid to my goal of reaching 25 hours this month (was at 10.5 last week, stomach bug hit on Tuesday and wouldn't shift) 

Stress has been high this month, from increased outgoings (divorce is EXPENSIVE) but overall I've been more chilled and content. That's helped curb all those frikkin snack-monsters. 

Eating has been mostly okay, and I had a lekker little ride on Saturday with some great people to lift my current time on the bike to 12 1/2 hours, and up to 17h15m incl the TM sufferfest. Tonight, I have my boy with me, so time on the bike is not possible. That leaves tomorrow & Wednesday to get my time up... 

On the weight side of things... I'm 2kg down as of this morning. 103kg. I'll see what I can get to by Wednesday. 

Grumpy,

I was 3,2 kg down on Friday - :-).

Now i am 1,2 kg up from Friday - it was a bit of an undisciplined weekend but WTF?

I am struggling to lose. Even resorted to running in the mornings. My plans on Saturday were snookered by the rain, and this morning again.

I was doing very up until the weekend.

Then I did the fast one yesterday and after that the eating plan went out the window with the first beer to celebrate a good result.

From there it just turned worse as I had a couple more later during the day followed by a pizza.

Today we start again.

Then I did the fast one yesterday and after that the eating plan went out the window with the first beer to celebrate a good result.

From there it just turned worse as I had a couple more later during the day followed by a pizza.

Today we start again.

it's difficult, when one is used to eating a certain way or not caring about what you put into your gob... 

Constant challenge. 

Carry on, Carpet! Make it your bitch. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

So final weigh in for the month (I only weigh on Monday mornings) total loss for the month is 10,1kg.

wow that is huge losses. well done.

I did not loose any during the weekend, but at least I did not add any extra kg's!!

3 more days until end of the month, I still need to loose 1kg to hit my goal.  Not sure if it is possible, but will try to get some training in and limit the sh#t I put into my mouth. 

when do we do weigh in, 1st Feb or 31 Jan?

thx and good luck to all you LOOSERS

Today we start again.

The only thing faster than your time at the Fast One  was how fast the beers disappeared at the end...haha

Grumpy,

I was 3,2 kg down on Friday - :-).

Now i am 1,2 kg up from Friday - it was a bit of an undisciplined weekend but WTF?

I am struggling to lose. Even resorted to running in the mornings. My plans on Saturday were snookered by the rain, and this morning again.

I understand how you're feeling, but it's probably water retention. Be 'good and steadfast' for a day or two, and you'll be back down again. Or perhaps you just need to visit the WC...  :ph34r:

I did not loose any during the weekend, but at least I did not add any extra kg's!!

3 more days until end of the month, I still need to loose 1kg to hit my goal.  Not sure if it is possible, but will try to get some training in and limit the sh#t I put into my mouth. 

when do we do weigh in, 1st Feb or 31 Jan?

thx and good luck to all you LOOSERS

first of the month. 

When you get the beefcake look you can give it to me. I'll take it over the spare tyre look any day.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hahahaha! For sure! Thanks for the tips guys!

So my weight has stabilized at about 97.5 kgs which is fine by me. I started strength training and weightlifting last week and trained 6 days out of 7 (with my cardio over and above that). Although the scale has stopped going down, I have made significant progress on cm lost around the upper leg and waist, so still going well. 4kg's lost this month which is small but consistent. (On a side note, anyone doing serious weight loss, put money aside every month. New clothes because the others don't fit anymore is a FLIPPEN expensive reward) :clap:

Total weight loss: 35kg

Total time: 14 Months

:thumbup:

So my weight has stabilized at about 97.5 kgs which is fine by me. I started strength training and weightlifting last week and trained 6 days out of 7 (with my cardio over and above that). Although the scale has stopped going down, I have made significant progress on cm lost around the upper leg and waist, so still going well. 4kg's lost this month which is small but consistent. (On a side note, anyone doing serious weight loss, put money aside every month. New clothes because the others don't fit anymore is a FLIPPEN expensive reward) :clap:

Total weight loss: 35kg

Total time: 14 Months

:thumbup:

Or buy new clothes from Pep, Jet, or Ackermans - that's what I've done over the years :whistling:

Well done on the amount of weight lost.

Since i did not sign up for the innitial challenge , i was rather inspired by some of the significant losses that the members have shared over the last couple of weeks. 

Historically i have always had a love/hate relationship with weight training and the bicycle so to say the least i am not build like your typical cyclist. I love both road and MTB and can hang with some fast guys up untill the road tilts upwards - then i get dropped like a packet of marbles ! As i am around the corner of 40's club i decided that it was finally time to focus all my attention to cycling and apply some basic discipline of what weight training has taught me.

Since late last year i have increased my cycle frequency and the BIGGEST change was exploring new roads esp the ones ive always avoided ( mostly hills!). I have also dropped all sugars , alcohol and white carbs from my diets - sticking to 4-5 meals during the day. Along with the 4 cycle sessions per week i try to do  2 total-body weight sessions in the gym and focus on core training during those sessions. The results, dropping 1,5 - 2kg's consistently over the last 3 weeks. 

Good luck to everyone out there , see you on the trails/road :thumbup:

Or buy new clothes from Pep, Jet, or Ackermans - that's what I've done over the years :whistling:

Well done on the amount of weight lost.

Thanks very much.

Yeah, I've really started to like Mr Price Sports for workout clothes and casual wear. Very good value for money and quality so far has been good!

Work attire is still Edgar's, which can get quite pricey.