Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2018

BigDL

Ag f#ck another Saturday down the drain. School athletics day, some pancakes and kebabs got killed. Only 35min IDT for the day and a braai with friends tonight. First day this month where I really did not stick to my guns ( even though we did some good target shooting tonight. Even got the kids on the .22 ) well tomorrow is another day. a1cbc925c746d17371dbbc8ed764e845.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ag f#ck another Saturday down the drain. School athletics day, some pancakes and kebabs got killed. Only 35min IDT for the day and a braai with friends tonight. First day this month where I really did not stick to my guns ( even though we did some good target shooting tonight. Even got the kids on the .22 ) well tomorrow is another day. a1cbc925c746d17371dbbc8ed764e845.jpg

I think you need those days. I ate to much at a kids birthday party and then I had my 1st alcoholic beverage for the month. Being good for long period of times deserves a break.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Frikken weather, it's just started to pee with rain. I should have gone for a ride earlier.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I want what is making your grass so green!

Frikken weather, it's just started to pee with rain. I should have gone for a ride earlier.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Checked the report before we left at 06h00, said rain, glad we did, a lot of people saw the report by the lack of people on the trails today.

But weather was great. About 17 - 21 degrees so was stunning weather. The wind was a little irritating (could hear a whistling sound with the wind from the front on my glasses) but was a Whoohoo ride in my books.

Did an hour and 11 minutes so all good. Just need to replace the liquids that I did not drink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

First ride more than 25km offroad in a year and a half. 32 km in modderfontein. Garmin says 3200 calories burnt. Feel ok. Bit dehydrated but taken a rehidrate for the electrolytes.

Ok...so it’s been a good couple of weeks, although it’s tough to stick to the eating plan and training has to be cancelled to fit with family life (parent teacher evenings). I also narrowly avoided getting sick. Sore throat and post-nasal drip seems to be mostly killed off (vitamins, some rest and salt water).

On the eating front pizza and braai are the danger zones for me. But beer and chips and snacks successfully avoided.

I have to plan a day ahead and actually capture tomorrow into MFP and have to plan/pack my lunch the night before. Not always easy and almost forgot twice already.

f74fc9cfe8d7355893a773c647fadc61.jpg

So weight loss is well on track. Weigh in after my long mountain bike ride this morning put me at 83.1kg! [emoji44] It was hot and long though...

After the braai this evening the weight stabilised at 84.1kg. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok...so it’s been a good couple of weeks, although it’s tough to stick to the eating plan and training has to be cancelled to fit with family life (parent teacher evenings). I also narrowly avoided getting sick. Sore throat and post-nasal drip seems to be mostly killed off (vitamins, some rest and salt water).

On the eating front pizza and braai are the danger zones for me. But beer and chips and snacks successfully avoided.

I have to plan a day ahead and actually capture tomorrow into MFP and have to plan/pack my lunch the night before. Not always easy and almost forgot twice already.

f74fc9cfe8d7355893a773c647fadc61.jpg

So weight loss is well on track. Weigh in after my long mountain bike ride this morning put me at 83.1kg! [emoji44] It was hot and long though...

After the braai this evening the weight stabilised at 84.1kg. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ja man meal planing is a mission to get used to. I get home after work, brew some coffee and pack my meals while I wait for the brew, drink up and hit the gym.

On the gym note, can one do weights without bulking up? I don’t like the whole muscular beefcake look and I don’t want veins bulging all over the show either. I just want to keep my core strong and general strength as in my arms don’t go pap on long rides and whatever. I can already feel I don’t slouch so much so I presume thats my core getting stronger.

Well Done! Dedication and focus = Reward

Yip, now to get back in shape and then stick to the regime I'm on.

Ja man meal planing is a mission to get used to. I get home after work, brew some coffee and pack my meals while I wait for the brew, drink up and hit the gym.

On the gym note, can one do weights without bulking up? I don’t like the whole muscular beefcake look and I don’t want veins bulging all over the show either. I just want to keep my core strong and general strength as in my arms don’t go pap on long rides and whatever. I can already feel I don’t slouch so much so I presume thats my core getting stronger.

When you get the beefcake look you can give it to me. I'll take it over the spare tyre look any day.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Search Eugene Daamen on You Tube.

He will show you how to train in the gym for max results. Functional Training.

There was a guy that joined our group in October. He posted a pic this weekend. 20kg lost and still going strong, he is 13kg from his goal weight now.

For most individuals its not that easy to bulk doing gym work.  I would not worry about it too much

Avoid rep ranges between 6-12 rather do more reps 15-20 with lighter weight see, that is generally considered the muscle endurance training range, shouldn't bulk you too much but give you a bit of an endurance boost. Also avoid training muscle groups not used in cycling. Do some push ups, they strengthen your whole body without adding too much bulk. Edited by Sitting@89