Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2018

BigDL

This mornings weigh in - 87.3kg, and I assume the drop in weight is from the Gastroenteritis I had.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost a year later and only joining the conversation now :ph34r:

Been about 14months now that I've started watching what i fill my plate with.

Cutting carbs and replacing with veggies and protein where possible.

No pills and secret weight loss potions allowed here!

All hard work, hitting the gym 5-6 times a week and when I'm home/R&R i try and ride as much as possible (live of an expatriate)

Started off with 122kg (1,86cm tall/34years) and target weight is 88kg but hit a slow patch around 95kg where it felt like that was it, no more weight loss for me and obviously lost a bit of motivation.

Hitting the gym hard with a few treadmill runs this past month, counting calorie intake to get back on track, jumped the scale this morning and weight in at 92.8kg :clap:

Before and after with 5kg to go

post-58842-0-67752200-1529824163_thumb.jpg

Edited by dewaldsss

All hard work, hitting the gym 5-6 times a week and when I'm home/R&R i try and ride as much as possible (live of an expatriate)

Started off with 122kg (1,86cm tall/34years) and target weight is 88kg but hit a slow patch around 95kg where it felt like that was it, no more weight loss for me and obviously lost a bit of motivation.

Hitting the gym hard with a few treadmill runs this past month, counting calorie intake to get back on track, jumped the scale this morning and weight in at 92.8kg :clap:

Well done Dewald, that is seriously impressive!

Keep at it... aanhouer wen as they say... you've come so far. well done!

And as you will have experienced.....time to go clothes shopping, 2 or 3 times as often as normal! I went from >120kg to 80kg but over several years. My wardrobe is full of unusable clothes in all sizes!

Well done!

And as you will have experienced.....time to go clothes shopping, 2 or 3 times as often as normal! I went from >120kg to 80kg but over several years. My wardrobe is full of unusable clothes in all sizes!

Well done!

Jip, but is lekker to fit in a smaller size than usual.

And you get to do a good deed giving all the new unusable clothes away.

My wife doesn't seem to mind the shopping at all!!!!! LOL

Jip, but is lekker to fit in a smaller size than usual.

And you get to do a good deed giving all the new unusable clothes away.

My wife doesn't seem to mind the shopping at all!!!!! LOL

Strange you say that, as I went looking for some new clothes the other day and I couldn't get my head around the size that I now have to buy. How can I fit into a 32" waist? They look like kids jeans! Yet, fit they do...

Congrates that some serious drop in weight . I was at 124kg in june last year and today im at 92 kg with the  much the same regime as you have followed except i cycled a lot more . I also hit the 95kg plateau and thought that was it for me ( im 66 yrs young an old cyclist from the 60's ) Clothing shopping was a shock as you say to actually believe you fit in  those sizes . My goal is 90 kg but i might rethink that if i decide to ride a stage race . Dont give up its fun and rewarding . 

23 Days without Coke and Bar One. DID NOT THINK I WOULD BE ABLE TO DO THAT!!!!!

I started a while back to cut sugar but then the cravings got the better of me after I got serious flu. I ate chocolate like a pig and guess what a sinus attack like I have never had it before. Sick for the second time and off the bike for over 3 weeks.

That was where I drew the line. 3 Weeks of torture but I finally did it. Probably the first time in 50 years that I went without sugar apart from half a spoon in my coffee.

Funny enough I did not loose any weight so the next thing to go is carbs.

Going to be away for a few days so I weighed this morning. Not sure whats going on this month. Up 1.7kg from last month but yet I have come down a notch in my belt?

Going to be away for a few days so I weighed this morning. Not sure whats going on this month. Up 1.7kg from last month but yet I have come down a notch in my belt?

muscle vs fat, muscle is heavier, I went up 4kg in the lest month but caliper tests saying down 4% in body fat

muscle vs fat, muscle is heavier, I went up 4kg in the lest month but caliper tests saying down 4% in body fat

Muscle is not "heavier", 1kg of muscle weighs the same as 1kg of fat. Muscle is denser, so it takes up less space...

muscle vs fat, muscle is heavier more dense, I went up 4kg in the lest month but caliper tests saying down 4% in body fat

Fixed it for you.