Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2018

BigDL

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Started keeping track of calories again 3 weeks ago. Down to 101.8kg from 105.8kg since then.

Total weight loss now 23.3kg since I started cycling in June 2017.

Much respect Sir

Been lurking, some great stuff on here.

I fell off the bus somewhat but still managed 13kg this year. No major changes, biggest thing was left out soft drinks.

Started keeping track of calories again 3 weeks ago. Down to 101.8kg from 105.8kg since then.

Total weight loss now 23.3kg since I started cycling in June 2017.

Well done!

I have gone from eating pies with pancakes on the side for lunch to eating healthier ... and really enjoying it far more :P

This must be the biggest lunch I have had in a while, but I did a tough ride yesterday and have been Starvin Marvin since.

post-5403-0-75956900-1540478612_thumb.jpeg

That looks healthy, but it's like a 800 calorie meal in one sitting!

At the moment I'm trying to balance my calorie intake vs burned to -1000 calories per day. That results into approx. 1kg down per week. Taking into account calories burned at rest and from physical activity I end every day at around 2500-3000 burned. So then I can only take in about 1500-1800 calories per day if I want to loose 1kg per week.

Two meals like this per day and a coffee here or there and I'm wayyy over my target.

Also bear in mind that I cycle to work and back everyday = 48km round trip ... and the day before was about a 63-65km let's just say 60km round trip with a ride over the mountain to work ... so I was just a bit hungry. My portions with that sort of meal are usually smaller.

That looks healthy, but it's like a 800 calorie meal in one sitting!

At the moment I'm trying to balance my calorie intake vs burned to -1000 calories per day. That results into approx. 1kg down per week. Taking into account calories burned at rest and from physical activity I end every day at around 2500-3000 burned. So then I can only take in about 1500-1800 calories per day if I want to loose 1kg per week.

Two meals like this per day and a coffee here or there and I'm wayyy over my target.

Edited by Hairy

Just checked, according Endomondo my usual commute one way = 950kcal (whatever that means), so an average of 1900kcal/day.

The day before that = 2550kcal/day for cycling to work and back

Also bear in mind that I cycle to work and back everyday = 48km round trip ... and the day before was about a 63-65km let's just say 60km round trip with a ride over the mountain to work ... so I was just a bit hungry. My portions with that sort of meal are usually smaller.

You'll burn those calories in no time!

didnt get on the scale for the last week.

will weigh in on Monday again. Been riding a lot more, eating much better and doing a fair bit of strength work at gym.

Will see what the scale says on Monday...

Good weekend gents, and dont give in to the weekend treats and junk food.

This week has been wreaking havoc on my weight loss. Friends are here from out of town, plus local friends are finally over the winter hermitting so I've somehow been out (normally for lunch/dinner) every day since Saturday, and very little gym time. 

It's been great catching up with them so I'm taking it in stride. I've been following a IF protocol this week to limit the impact but my weight is still up a bit as a result of all the good food. I'm hoping that a large portion of it is mainly water weight.

I have been off the bike for almost 2 month climbed on the scale and well...almost died gone from 108kg to 118kg.. have my fair share of excuses but needless to say its in my hands now. I recentley relocated to Durbs, so have my MTB and road bike with me,will start riding tomorrow, started with my Banting yesterday, can already feel the lack of carbs and the cravings begin.. I will be down to 100kg by end of December.