Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2018

BigDL

I've started using my son's protein shake (Shh, don't tell him) to help with Doms recovery.

Im clearly an athlete.... I had to google DOMS...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, 3 days of severe stomach cramps (from what I suspect might have been dodgy biltong) saw me eating less than one meal in 3 days. I am happy to report that eating less definitely does cause one to lose weight! I finally managed to crack my December plateau and now have the 100kg mark firmly in my sights.

As of this morning, I am 101.5kg. That gives me a total loss of 19kgs over the last 12 months.

why are G&T's so bad for you? I mean they cant reeeaaaaaaallly be that bad.

#needbackupjustification  :blush:

I think the tonic water is the baddie. So,as I did earlier tonight,pour a stywe dop gin,lots of ice and little tonic [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I love G&Ts, but over the holidays someone introduced me to boplaas craft gin, it's delicious, you won't want to mix it

post-44041-0-15115800-1516436081_thumb.jpg

Made these. Coconut, raw cacoa, coconut oil and maple syrup, very moreish but if you're counting calories, they're at 320 each due to the coconut oil. But great to keep in the fridge when you're craving something sweet.

attachicon.gifIMG_20180120_094446_052.jpg

Made these. Coconut, raw cacoa, coconut oil and maple syrup, very moreish but if you're counting calories, they're at 320 each due to the coconut oil. But great to keep in the fridge when you're craving something sweet.

Crikey, just Googled and it has less calories than dark chocolate.

Edited by HyruleWarrior80

Very very impressive, just be sure not to over train, have some good rest days if you are feeling fatigued. Remember getting recovery right is as big a part of training as putting in the miles. You don't want adrenal fatigue or something similar to halt your training in its tracks for you.

I am in the same boat started the year of with a bang 19 days of training so far with only about 4 easy days, muscle fatigue is starting to catch up with me now. I am in for the 365 day Strava challenge so this weekend will be 20 min very slow pace walk, give the aching legs some much needed recovery.

Anyway Godspeed on your training endeavours and racing goals.

The fatigue finaly caught me today! PhilpV and a few other guys showed me around Helderberg today, but my legs were like lead. Lots of fun none the less, I will just have to bring a fresh set of legs for the next ride with these guys!

Tomorrow is going to be a loong sleep in and rest. I won't keep going this pace for very long though, just taking advantage of all the off time I have at the moment. When work starts again it will be back to the reality of riding over weekends with the ocassional week ride squeezed in somewhere.

Good luck with 365/365, that's a pretty insane challenge to do! One sure way of losing weight this year!

I love G&Ts, but over the holidays someone introduced me to boplaas craft gin, it's delicious, you won't want to mix it

Ye there are some awesome local gins around at the moment. Currently enjoying Woodstock gin,also great flavours.

Well, 3 days of severe stomach cramps (from what I suspect might have been dodgy biltong) saw me eating less than one meal in 3 days. I am happy to report that eating less definitely does cause one to lose weight! I finally managed to crack my December plateau and now have the 100kg mark firmly in my sights.

As of this morning, I am 101.5kg. That gives me a total loss of 19kgs over the last 12 months.

Well done on massive losses.

attachicon.gifIMG_20180120_094446_052.jpg

They look lovely Uni

Theory would be to weigh yourself at the same time every day. Straight after exercise or straight after a massive meal with three pints of water will give you a significant swing. I find that I can have a 1kg difference between weight at night and first thing in the morning, which really freaks me out [emoji23]

Theory would be to weigh yourself at the same time every day. Straight after exercise or straight after a massive meal with three pints of water will give you a significant swing. I find that I can have a 1kg difference between weight at night and first thing in the morning, which really freaks me out [emoji23]

Ye sometimes even more than 1kg difference. Especially if I had a larger than usual supper.

Off to a solid start. Already almost 7000 steps clocked as well. d0b6a47158ac1474f9330f429222cd6d.jpg

Sjoe, my daily allowed kilojoules are more than double yours- and I'm starving!

d544844fca5dbebe1edd20494de67073.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Did a quick 44km after work. Remember to post some pics

I don't know about posting pics, I'll be recording my ride on Strava via my spare phone. The camera on that phone isn't too lekker, and I don't know how keen I would be to stop and pause the app.

But here's two pics of my bike after the riser bars were fitted at the LBS:

103deb838f5f8e787c958af562360165.jpgad247b2215a4249c0987a8f8b608edfb.jpg

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk