Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2018

BigDL

So 4 days into a calorie controlled diet after 2 weeks of no discipline and I am down 1.5kg of the 2kg I picked up! :clap:

Anyone doing the DareDevil run @ Zoo lake tomorrow? (It was the perfect excuse to take a day off of work!) Going to feel a lot more comfortable in the speedo now that I've lost a lot of weight :thumbup:  

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi all, I am glad to see the progress being made.  I am not posting much as I don't have any real change since the initial January drop.  It looks like my body likes getting stuck on 95kg.  I am still eating pretty well, this week (hopefully longer) is zero alcohol, as I see this is impacting really bad on my weight loss quest.  Even though not really losing kg's, I am still feeling good and training is not to bad as well.  Maybe I am dropping a cm or 2 which is also a win.  I still think 90kg's are in reach, and will keep on fighting till I get there.

This month might be the worst for me.  I am under a huge amount of stress at work (notice month) and starting to catch a bit of stress for the new job.  I never thought switching jobs could stress me out like this.  Then we also have the little issue of illness due to stress.  Been feeling as though I have the flu for the past few days, but I know this is 100% stress related.

So will see in a few days how much I gained...

This month might be the worst for me.  I am under a huge amount of stress at work (notice month) and starting to catch a bit of stress for the new job.  I never thought switching jobs could stress me out like this.  Then we also have the little issue of illness due to stress.  Been feeling as though I have the flu for the past few days, but I know this is 100% stress related.

So will see in a few days how much I gained...

Sometimes it's wiser to turn and let the current take you for a bit? When the stress has diminished a bit, and well done for recognising it upfront, you can get back to being tough on yourself....

I decided to search... obesity: post mortem and watched it...trying to find ways to wrap my mind around loosing the next 10 kg ...feeling comfortable in my body...seeing the results of my blood tests and being able to ride on the drops is making it difficult to get going again.

while searching through netflix i came across another series...The big ward...been skimming through this series...what is so scary...i can relate to many of these sad cases.

I decided to search... obesity: post mortem and watched it...trying to find ways to wrap my mind around loosing the next 10 kg ...feeling comfortable in my body...seeing the results of my blood tests and being able to ride on the drops is making it difficult to get going again.

while searching through netflix i came across another series...The big ward...been skimming through this series...what is so scary...i can relate to many of these sad cases.

The Struggle Is real.. I Found this little Nugget Last year.. think its worth a reshare..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew7g7AqGqzo

Edited by The New Me

Ok, less than a kilo up from last Monday, the week before Argust; 86.5kg after a big coffee.

No worries as I have been taking it easy on the bike and had a good 5 days in CT with beer and Pizza on the agenda. However I balanced that with healthy and light eating at other times.

Back to riding from tomorrow and got back to eating properly yesterday.

Next stop 83kg at the end of April for the Swartberg Gran Fondo, which takes me back to the weight I ran Comrades at 33 years ago. :offtopic:

March is not going well so far... Weight was coming down nicely, but then I was involved in a crash at the CTCT so I have been eating more comfort food, plus a few extra social engagements in the past week, and I'm 0.7kg up from beginning of March. 

It's not a lot, so I want to buckle down for these last 10 days and at least get 0.8kg down so I start April at least a positive note...

March is not going well so far... Weight was coming down nicely, but then I was involved in a crash at the CTCT so I have been eating more comfort food, plus a few extra social engagements in the past week, and I'm 0.7kg up from beginning of March. 

It's not a lot, so I want to buckle down for these last 10 days and at least get 0.8kg down so I start April at least a positive note...

I like the adjustment of focus based on....life. And not going hell for leather to lose the 0.7kg (gained) as well as what you'd hoped to lose in March. Nice approach and nicely set-up for a better April!

I've honestly had an absolutely torrid March so far. 

Additional work stress, financial stress and just an over-consumption of alcohol and "easy food" have led to an increase of 2kg since 1 March. I'm in the process of attending to this, day by day, and results are promising. 

I would like to be back at the 102.5 that I was at the beginning of this month, and below it would be utterly splendid. 

I've honestly had an absolutely torrid March so far. 

Additional work stress, financial stress and just an over-consumption of alcohol and "easy food" have led to an increase of 2kg since 1 March. I'm in the process of attending to this, day by day, and results are promising. 

I would like to be back at the 102.5 that I was at the beginning of this month, and below it would be utterly splendid. 

Same here. I weighed myself this morning and I saw 88.9kg, that's from 86.6kg not too long ago. Not battling with stress but I think the beers from the weekend and the weekend before that played a role, and also the braai vleis from the weekend.

Back to the grind stone for me.

I like the adjustment of focus based on....life. And not going hell for leather to lose the 0.7kg (gained) as well as what you'd hoped to lose in March. Nice approach and nicely set-up for a better April!

Such is... life  :blush:

My parents are down in Hermanus and I'm seeing them this weekend, luckily they know my preference for healthy food, there might be a few extra drinks though.

I managed to get to ride in on Saturday (thanks to a loaned bike and helmet) and to gym yesterday. My bruising didn't do too badly so I'm re-starting with my weightlifting, which normally is a massive mental reminder to eat well. 

hi, how is everyone doing.  Almost month end, pushing hard for some results.  Good luck all.

From my side, I'm back down to 87 some change. Been lazy with exercise as I'm limited to what exercises I can do, and I find Tae Bo gets boring after a while. Going to Google some stomach and chest exercises as there's still a bit of tummy to lose, and I've still got some man boobs to get rid of. I am however tempted to get an indoor trainer.

Edit: I had my first proper cheat meal yesterday, a chicken burger and chips for lunch.

Edited by HyruleWarrior80