2018 Vuelta a España

Bonus

Shame man. As was mentioned the other day, NQ hasn't gone around telling everyone he's going to smash the race, but the media have set a high bar for him.

I'd like to see him come back and do better next time.   

I am afraid it is not going to become easier for him in future as a number of new generation GC riders are coming into the picture. 

To stand a chance in future he will have to become more assertive and improve his time trialing skills. 

Maybe a change of teams will help him. 

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hahahahahahahaha

This just broke me.

Valverde isn't small.

Valverde sits at 176cm and 62kg...pure climber territory...

Let's also take a moment to thank the roadside fans..no stupid fans, only lovers of the sport cheering riders along.

Was the purpose of the tweet to show the Cheese chilling in the gruppeto or that awesome wheelie by Sagzbaby :whistling:

I didn't even notice the cheese

You know is been a tough day at the office when they've oganised "pushers" to catch and push the riders as they cross the line.

Respect to them all!

You know is been a tough day at the office when they've oganised "pushers" to catch and push the riders as they cross the line.

Respect to them all!

That last 300m went on and on and on and on and on and on.....

Valverde sits at 176cm and 62kg...pure climber territory...

If he were a boxer he'd literally be a lightweight :-)

Let's also take a moment to thank the roadside fans..no stupid fans, only lovers of the sport cheering riders along.

I don't know what the root of the problem is at le Tour, but certainly of the three GTs, le Tour has the most incidence.

I am afraid it is not going to become easier for him in future as a number of new generation GC riders are coming into the picture. 

To stand a chance in future he will have to become more assertive and improve his time trialing skills. 

Maybe a change of teams will help him. 

So often he seems to almost do what's needed, but... seldom does... still a great rider, but not the best

classy stuff. nice to see

I don't know what the root of the problem is at le Tour, but certainly of the three GTs, le Tour has the most incidence.

It is because the TDF attracts so many people from far and wide.. slap bang in the European holidays...yet you don't really get that nonsense at other French races..

The other 2 GT have fans of the sport on the side of the road and not morons from all over.

Shame man. As was mentioned the other day, NQ hasn't gone around telling everyone he's going to smash the race, but the media have set a high bar for him.

I'd like to see him come back and do better next time.   

NQ has got some TdF miles in his legs. but he's not the only one. Special K went pretty deep at the tour, and I think was coming to Vuelta as backup to Bennett.

of the GC currently, top6 are within 2 minutes and change

Their Tour de France result in brackets

Yates  (DNC)

Valverde (14)

Mas (DNC)

Lopez (DNC)

Kruiswijk (5)

Quintana (10)

and then a gap back to 6min from 7th

Izzagire  (22)

Uran (ret stage 12)

Pinot  (DNC)