2018 Vuelta a España

Bonus

There's no doubt about it, Nairo can ride when he wants to and has done so in the past. He won the T de F stage just up the road from us a month ago don't forget.

Having said that . . . . if he races from tomorrow onwards, all the way to Milan whilst everyone else races to Madrid, well.....

;-)

If he does that I will fly out to Milan and wait for him at finish. It will probably just be the two of us there but it will give me the opportunity to put forward all the Nairo questions that were asked on the hub ????

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 mountain top finishes and the ITT to come... Plenty of racing left.

Yates showed a lot of immaturity yesterday, especially when he threw the arms up when Nairo didn't try to bridge the attacks.

It's pretty different racing when it's just you and the other big shots jousting it out with no team mates in sight.

Valverde being able to come back yesterday on that climb after winning sprint finishes?! Has he been hanging out with Shan Wilson? ssshhhhh

If he does that I will fly out to Milan and wait for him at finish. It will probably just be the two of us there but it will give me the opportunity to put forward all the Nairo questions that were asked on the hub

Please ask him whether he is allergic to fresh air. 

My take on the race so far.... the blind leading the blind yesterday! Yates needs a kick in the rear end for being soooo stupid, NQ? who knows what that lad is up to, ever, he may have a few attacks up his sleeve? he may just wait for Valverede to keep him company. As for the old guy, what has he been injecting himself with? Wow, better than ever or just showing how much the real GT riders are being missed? Pinot? Like his style, great attack yesterday and paid off big time while the idiots squabbled amongst themselves down the road. Not as good as the best of the best but I like his style. Bravo Thibaut.

To get you through rest day ????

A good read:

'It’s often said that cycling is the world’s toughest sport. I don’t know, honestly. It’s the only sport I’ve ever done. What I do know is we have a culture of pain.

Early this year, I went down at about 60 kilometres per hour. Banged myself up pretty good, I’d say. I stood up on the side of the road, my bike in pieces across from me, in a world of hurt. The only thing that seemed to make sense was shouting “****” at the top of my lungs repeatedly, so that’s what I did.'

https://cyclingtips.com/2018/09/the-secret-pro-blood-soaked-kit-and-the-god-forsaken-brush/

.......The only thing that seemed to make sense was shouting “****” at the top of my lungs repeatedly, so that’s what I did.'.....

Been there, done that!!!!

C'mon TT day!

Time for Yates and his enormous helmet to take a step down..

I will be very surprised if Yates loses the leaders jersey today. There is not a lot of time trialing talent amongst the top 5 in the GC standings. 

I will be very surprised if Yates loses the leaders jersey today. There is not a lot of time trialing talent amongst the top 5 in the GC standings. 

i think it will just contract the whole top5.

even special K might get a look in from 1:30 down.

To get you through rest day

A good read:

'It’s often said that cycling is the world’s toughest sport. I don’t know, honestly. It’s the only sport I’ve ever done. What I do know is we have a culture of pain.

Early this year, I went down at about 60 kilometres per hour. Banged myself up pretty good, I’d say. I stood up on the side of the road, my bike in pieces across from me, in a world of hurt. The only thing that seemed to make sense was shouting “****” at the top of my lungs repeatedly, so that’s what I did.'

https://cyclingtips.com/2018/09/the-secret-pro-blood-soaked-kit-and-the-god-forsaken-brush/

Love this bit...

"Maybe it’s for the team, maybe it’s for the fans, or the race, but at the end of the day, I think we do it for ourselves. Cycling is a team sport. But at its core, it’s a very personal trial of self-determination and grit."

He has won 2 Grand Tours

What I like about Nairo is that he rides to win races not try to please fans

That's not his job

What is tricky about Nairo is that the is impossible to read. He may be suffering and not show it.

He's riding a good race as he needs to save legs for the drama that'll unfold in week 3

It's gonna be quite a race to Milan

I still believe he's going to take GC. 

if Brandle is to be believed we should know who the winner of this stage would be before 16h00. "...the favorites are Castroviejo, Dennis and Campenaerts". Dennis to start last of the 3 at 15h10

if Brandle is to be believed we should know who the winner of this stage would be before 16h00. "...the favorites are Castroviejo, Dennis and Campenaerts". Dennis to start last of the 3 at 15h10

Campanaerts goes quickest at Timecheck 1

V. CAMPENAERTS    LTS in 12'40"
K. ASGREEN    QST in 12'54" 
S. CUMMINGS    DDD in 12'54" 

Archived