Top cycling pair hit by truck in SA accident

Andreas_187

In all seriaaasness - this country is far off from being the best place to be. It is naive to think it is.

Law enforcement and the justice system is a joke when it comes to such incidents

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In all seriaaasness - this country is far off from being the best place to be. It is naive to think it is.

Law enforcement and the justice system is a joke when it comes to such incidents

No one I believe claimed that SA is the best place to be, nobody is surely that naive, however we all have a problem with your inference that it is the k@kest place to be. There are definitely worse places, without a shadow of a doubt. 

I did not insult your (or anyone for that matter) sister, mother, dog or nyatsi (translated - jou stukkie vleis wat jy so skelm gryp). So get off your moral horsie before you bliksem off.

I will not engage you in why I am in the position I am. It does not concern you. It is wonderful to see the trustfund babies are so judgemental over the less fortunate.

The contradiction in your two sentences is amazing, don't defend yourself by saying you didn't insult anyone then go ahead and insult said person in the exact next paragraph. . . 

I did not insult your (or anyone for that matter) sister, mother, dog or nyatsi (translated - jou stukkie vleis wat jy so skelm gryp). So get off your moral horsie before you bliksem off.

I will not engage you in why I am in the position I am. It does not concern you. It is wonderful to see the trustfund babies are so judgemental over the less fortunate.

You unnecessarily insulted a friend, you know you did and you received a response.

I’m am in no way claiming to better or more moral than anybody. You called somebody Julius like a 5 years old would, don’t pretend to be the victim in this regard too.

But carry on with the ad hominem attacks if it makes you feel better, but understand that people will react negatively to it.

You unnecessarily insulted a friend, you know you did and you received a response.

I’m am in no way claiming to better or more moral than anybody. You called somebody Julius like a 5 years old would, don’t pretend to be the victim in this regard too.

But carry on with the ad hominem attacks if it makes you feel better, but understand that people will react negatively to it.

Maybe he thinks my name is actually Julius? I like this guy, first post that made me laugh today.

I reacted to his comment as it is the exact sentiment that Juliaas and his komrades has. And it was done tongue-in-cheek... (sorry no comic sans on my phone)

But hey, as you were

Then why did you tell us in the first place?

Look, I don't want to argue with you. I sympathize with you, times are tough especially when you get retrenched(or what ever happened in your situation) but what got myself and a few others to retaliate was that you call the country the k@kest place without thinking about what you saying. No one said we live in Eden but the country is not k@k, it just has some poepols running it. Did you watch the video Bob posted a few days after the incident?

I am sorry you lost your job and I hope you find work soon. Then we can go for a ride together. But just a warning, I am a roadie and all coffee/training rides must be over 32kph!!! ;)

I once checked the Swiss statistics and it was quite scary how many cycling accidents and deaths there are per year. But it is to be expected, even in the winter months there are far many more cyclists on the roads than in SA during the summer peak cycling season (Argus and 94.7)

I once checked the Swiss statistics and it was quite scary how many cycling accidents and deaths there are per year. But it is to be expected, even in the winter months there are far many more cyclists on the roads than in SA during the summer peak cycling season (Argus and 94.7)

Must be a k@k place to live..................

Yeah. And they can't even braai in winter there...  :rolleyes:

A mate of mine worked in the UK for a few years. He made friends over there with a few other saffas. The place he was staying in had a garage(no garden or anything else suitable). They used to braai in the garage. He said the garage filled up with smoke very quickly but it was worth it.

Archived