Bidon Bistro Cradle parking

nicbez

Just a heads up had my Thule roof racks stolen of my vehicle in the parking at around 17h00 today. Racks were locket, looking at the damage on the vehicle they must have used some force. 

Edited by nicbez

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a heads up had my Thule roof racks stolen of my vehicle in the parking at around 17h00 today. Racks were locket, looking at the damage on the vehicle they must have used some force.

Sorry to hear those things are damn expensive. Never like parking there prefer valvrede or riverstone, both of which have proper security.

Edited by Sitting@89

Sorry to hear those things are damn expensive. Never like parking there prefer valvrede or riverstone, both of which have proper security.

Drove past Riverstone and now have to pay the price for being lazy....

That sucks , but thanks for the heads up...  At best that place is a 3 ring circus , at worst a real nightmare . Concidering how well supported they appear to be , some form of security would be appreciated but I guess not.... 

Have said for a while that they are going to become victims of their own success unless they scale appropriately.

Something Country also has security at their parking. Bidon’s parking can be accessed from so many points.

Have said for a while that they are going to become victims of their own success unless they scale appropriately.

Something Country also has security at their parking. Bidon’s parking can be accessed from so many points.

Talking about Something Country. Does anyone know what is happening there?

Whereabouts is Bidon Bistro?

We used to either park at Something Country or in the car park of the Rhino and Lion park. Both were very good - never had an issue.

Didn't like Avianto or Riverstone (unless I was actually riding MTB at Avianto) simply because the road from there to Something Country doesn't have a yellow lane and we saw a few close calls.

Ah just looked on the map :-)

It's at the head of the Cradle MTB route I see. Outside Kloofzicht. Never been there but passed it many times.

Ah just looked on the map :-)

It's at the head of the Cradle MTB route I see. Outside Kloofzicht. Never been there but passed it many times.

Used to just be part of stud farm and nursery.

As the owner says on his website, "if you con't beat them, join them.....and that's when the restaurant popped up (about 2 years ago)

Do agree with Patch that they run the risk of becoming victims of their own success, especially now that they charge for parking part of which is refunded if you sit down in restaurant (as do Valverde and Stone cradle)

Didn't someone post recently and complain about having to pay for parking at Bidon?

He was jumped on but it seems he had a point

Pay to park but no security? Doesn't sound like a good plan to me.

To be fair, there are security guards. Not sure about weekdays though which when the Thule incident seems to have happened (do not think you have to pay then either)

No guys..

The advertised change of parking plans have been up for a while.

You pay to park there either R20 for a single park of which R10 is a rebate for a coffee or whatever, or R200 for a multiple of which R100 goes towards your meal bill. They have CCTV, towers with guards and what looks like a more secure parking site.

The area was very open and vulnerable so hopefully this will have sorted it out now. Rode past there this morning and it was packed, as was Something Country, Valverde, Lion Park and Riverstone... This alone is a great sign for cycling and I'm sure the crooks see this as a easy pickings. Just take care wherever you are

Sorry to hear about your loss OP. 

Hate to break it to you, but Valverde has also had thefts. 

Unfortunately, a criminal will find a way to steal, no matter the safeguards that are put in place. R20 is very little to provide the security that everyone wants. Bidon is pretty big, and will require at least 6 guards. I don't think R20 per vehicle would cover Bidon's costs. 

Sorry to hear about your loss OP.

Hate to break it to you, but Valverde has also had thefts.

Unfortunately, a criminal will find a way to steal, no matter the safeguards that are put in place. R20 is very little to provide the security that everyone wants. Bidon is pretty big, and will require at least 6 guards. I don't think R20 per vehicle would cover Bidon's costs.

No it won’t, but the profits from the food that’s takes 1 hour to arrive, should.