Homeloan Interest Rates

Grebel

We are in the process of applying for a home loan on a new property and was just interested to see what rates the banks are giving at the moment. We were offered prime -1%.

Not sure if that is good or average in the current economic climate.

What have you been offered?

Primary residence - prime less 2% (2000)

Second property - prime less 0.5% (2014)

Third property - prime (2016)

Prime minus 1 is not bad at all. My home is Prime -0.75% and my one bonded rental property is prime - 0.05% Both with 10% deposit. I recently sold a rental property that was my first ever home loan and that was prime -0.8%

I reckon prime -1 is good.

The days of prime -2 etc are long gone. We'll hopefully see 1 or 2 drops in the repo rate this year which should help a bit. It's HIGHLY likely that a rise in VAT will be announced this week.

Thanks guys. Reason I ask is that on my current property I have prime -1,75%. We are putting a deposit of 20% on the new property and we have been loyal customers for over 20 years. Have asked my banker to go back and fight for some more. Will see what happens.... otherwise will settle for prime -1%

I reckon the more home loans you have the higher your risk profile so you won't get the same rate

The existing property has been sold and we have bought a new house. The thought of owning more than one property keeps me awake at night....

The existing property has been sold and we have bought a new house. The thought of owning more than one property keeps me awake at night....

I know the feeling.

Grebs.. Are you selling and buying again... Or buying a secund property. It is not clear. We had prime minus 2 which we kept when moving house the last time in 2004

The word "banks" and the word "loyalty" are never used in the same sentence.

Thanks guys. Reason I ask is that on my current property I have prime -1,75%. We are putting a deposit of 20% on the new property and we have been loyal customers for over 20 years. Have asked my banker to go back and fight for some more. Will see what happens.... otherwise will settle for prime -1%

Grebs.. Are you selling and buying again... Or buying a secund property. It is not clear. We had prime minus 2 which we kept when moving house the last time in 2004

Selling and buying Stretch. Apparently the times have changed. We got prime minus 1.75 in 2001. Been in the house for 17 years. Seling and moving to a new house but this time was offered prime minus 1 and from what I can gather that is a good rate at the moment.

...................... loyal customers for over 20 years...............

They couldnt care less

Dont be fooled into thinking they love you, they dont....

Miss a payment or three and then they love you long time.