Tygerberg MTB Trails

Bub Marley

44 minutes ago, Mamil said:

Nice picture though

Eish, post didn’t go 1st time I pressed submit, then when I tried to post again it was pre-filled ready to be sent, wonder if i changed threads in the meantime… this was supposed to be in the “where has your bike taken you” thread 🤷‍♂️

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Mamil said:

Makes it look easy!!! Only the chap standing next to it shows the scale!

(Mamils don't gap)

The drop is not the issue. It's the landing straight into a set of stairs that immediately flings you into a sharp catch berm where you are able to brake for the first time. I am happy to film others doing it. :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

The drop is not the issue. It's the landing straight into a set of stairs that immediately flings you into a sharp catch berm where you are able to brake for the first time. I am happy to film others doing it. :ph34r:

You and me both .... 📸

1 hour ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Rode the Revised Enduro line at Conters yesterday. What a treat. Those rocks were sublime. One of the mates even gapped that gap...

Rode past there today, and though WTF to myself looking at that. Nice to see a video of someone doing it!

3 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Rode the Revised Enduro line at Conters yesterday. What a treat. Those rocks were sublime. One of the mates even gapped that gap...

Dragged my fellow plonkers off the ones on freeride this week. The two on that line are next😅 ps: i still havent done the Leatt drop at skillspark, but i have done these a few times now. What i mean is, sometimes someone just has to drag you over the bigger one first try😅

Thats how it happened for me (almost had a brownout).

They arent that crazy. Even though the camera makes them look a lot smaller than they are. If you are hitting the fast drop on banhoek afterburn (like I know you are) you can do the pallets. Go fast enough and just look at the landing and not the chasm in between🤘

Edited by MORNE

7 hours ago, MORNE said:

Dragged my fellow plonkers off the ones on freeride this week. The two on that line are next😅 ps: i still havent done the Leatt drop at skillspark, but i have done these a few times now. What i mean is, sometimes someone just has to drag you over the bigger one first try😅

Thats how it happened for me (almost had a brownout).

They arent that crazy. Even though the camera makes them look a lot smaller than they are. If you are hitting the fast drop on banhoek afterburn (like I know you are) you can do the pallets. Go fast enough and just look at the landing and not the chasm in between🤘

Ja, the main thing is to get out of your own head and to trust yourself and the bike. I've done much bigger jumps but out in the wild everything looks bigger until you commit and go for it. 

The Leatt drop is different. You don't hit it with speed and drop the front instantly after leaving the pallet or you're going to go deep and that sets up the berms wrong. I'm used to the pallets on the Rhinos so these are probably similar.

This is a post I had hope to never make, but I got attacked on the trails today. The incident happened on the lower parts of Hillcrest. Fortunately I got away with only minor defensive wounds on my arms. The perps are always lurking around, luring you into a false sense of security until they decide to pounce. Stay safe out there...

Picture of the attacker

_41f13380-faf4-4947-bebc-1ec7ebfb682a.jpg.250034b7084e19d2a58f02bef25f41a7.jpg

10 minutes ago, Newbie321 said:

This is a post I had hope to never make, but I got attacked on the trails today. The incident happened on the lower parts of Hillcrest. Fortunately I got away with only minor defensive wounds on my arms. The perps are always lurking around, luring you into a false sense of security until they decide to pounce. Stay safe out there...

Picture of the attacker

Same damn perp that attacked me at Meerendal .... swooped in THREE TIMES !!  

2 hours ago, Newbie321 said:

Picture of the attacker

You got me 🤣

6 hours ago, Newbie321 said:

Picture of the attacker

I was riding at Conters earlier and suddenly had a burp which I let out seeing as there was no one around. Suddenly, two of these critters started making a racket and tried to flee the scene. I had a good laugh since they probably thought I was attacking them. 

6 hours ago, Jbr said:

You got me 🤣

Me too. 

on a slightly different note. There seems to have been trail vandalism on rhino 2. Went down there yesterday and some of the rocks had been moved after the rhino rock garden. The fast bit where you send the two rocks all the way on the left.

Defo too big for even an e-bike to dig out at speed. I went for a rest in the shade at the trailhead and by chance bumped into one of the Starke brothers. Apparently it happens a lot, and on the trails at conties you wouldn't expect the more XC orientates riders or noobies.  So read sendy McSend Faces move features to make faster lines.

BAD style okes. Ride the trails like they are! If you cant…walk, learn…until you can! 

Edited by MORNE

Those wild chickens (my pet name for them) are normally passive until they have a brood to protect. Then it’s a case of give them space or feel the wrath of a head attack.