Cycling South Africa allows disc brakes in local road racing

News bot

Lol, I have gotten about 15 messages and mails from various people pointing me to this announcement already  :mellow:

Hey Patch... did you hear... road disc brakes are legal to race with now:

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/172616-cycling-south-africa-allows-disc-brakes-in-local-road-racing/page-2?do=findComment&comment=3279025

:ph34r: 16.

:lol:

Edited by s14phoenix

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez i am glad they allowed them.

Truly a visionary organization with forward thinking regulations.

I just cant imagine all those MTB's coming down Chappies after their brakes have been confiscated....

I have broken my collarbone twice, several ribs, fingers, tor ligaments, cracked my head open and suffered many roasties. These were all caused by disc brakes!!!

Yes, me too but thats very debatable causation we have there. 

(But I do really have a large scar on my leg from a hot rear disk) 

I haven't taken them off my MTB however.

Soooooo, Anyone have a link for Chinese carbon disc brake wheels?? Now that the braking surface of the carbon rim will not be an issue(the overheating and warping etc) I reckon quite a few more would lean towards Chinese carbon wheels now...

Soooooo, Anyone have a link for Chinese carbon disc brake wheels?? Now that the braking surface of the carbon rim will not be an issue(the overheating and warping etc) I reckon quite a few more would lean towards Chinese carbon wheels now...

was it ever an issue with only Chinese wheels?....no