Spurcycle vs Forza bells

2bliss

Have both, concur that spurcycle qualify and sound is better, bought in black finish just after kickstarter campaign and still going strong; loud and clear. The forza is pretty decent though, great value, just not quite at same quality level.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But, at R990 each, would 2 or three Forza not do the job. I simply cannot pay that for a bell!

I am in KZN and not Jhb. so things are tight and I don't care what I look like on a bike, let alone, what flipping bell I have.

Couldn't afford the crazy priced Spur Cycle bell so i got myself a Forza one.

Great value for money had it for more than a year now, no problems at all.

They delivered timelessly off the online store and i even bought one of their nifty phone pouches.

Highly recommended brand!

I have a Forza Bell. I am very happy with it. Very good service from their side, free delivery as well so that is always a bonus on online. It has saved my arse a couple times on the trails so it's definitely loud enough and was a major improvement from my previous bell. Forza bells are R380 if I remember correctly, so definitively on the the more affordable side and does the job. Forza are a local business so I would choose to support them if you feel there is a debate on yourside.

Call me a Forza junky, but for the price of the Spurbell you can get a Forza Bell and a Forza pouch as well(it saved my phone from a high speed crash).

Edited by Jasonvantslot

Bought a bell for less than R50....why spend a fortune on this?!

Had a fancy Knog type thing and it bust.  Thought I would upgrade somewhat. :whistling: Time will tell.

Bought a forza bell.

Works great.

I at least get to spend the rest of the money on other cycling essentials.

It's called wisdom.

So I had a Knogg bell which cost like 400 ronds and it was absolutely crap. Threw it out. Emailed them in Oz and got an arrogant email back. Will never buy a Knogg product again.

Based on that I shelled out around 400 again for the Forza as opposed to like 1k for a Spur bell. It may be a knockoff but you can say that about just about everything.

Nonetheless the Forza bell is well made and does the job well enough. It works a hell of a lot better than the Knogg that much I can tell you.

I have a R175 Knog. It has a long and pleasant tone and is very low profile so less likely to break in a crash. Its reasonably ergonomic too but not very sturdy feeling. Time will tell...

The Forza/Rockbros bells are R50 chinese cheapies that they markup one huge shot, the rubber suspension starts goes vrot after a year or 2 but they otherwise seem decent.

How robust is the Spurcyle bell construction because if their rubber also goes vrot after a few years then they are not much better than the cheapies?

Spurcyle do sell spares though, new rubber bit is around R30 which is not bad, probably near impossible to get in SA though:

https://www.spurcycle.com/collections/service

Edited by Skylark