Rouvy - worth the bother for virtual rides?

mecheng89

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So the Rouvy AR app doesn't have workouts? Or am I missing something?

Not currently, no. But it seems as if it will be added, and probably the old app deprecated at that point (just a guess, I didn't read that anywhere).

I like the simpler interface, but some parts of it sometimes takes very long to load.

Edited by HdB

I did my first ride on Rouvy yesterday after about 3 months of Zwifting.

I don't know why but I find it "easier" to go hard on Rouvy. When I want a structured plan I'll jump back on to Zwift. But for now I'll stick to Rouvy.

Have you done any of the Rouvy workouts?

I did my first ride on Rouvy yesterday after about 3 months of Zwifting.

I don't know why but I find it "easier" to go hard on Rouvy. When I want a structured plan I'll jump back on to Zwift. But for now I'll stick to Rouvy.

Have you done any of the Rouvy workouts?

Yeah. I even made a few.

What I enjoy about the Zwift training plans is that it kind of takes the guesswork out of it. Right now I'm just working through a bunch of climbs. I've fave'd a bunch of climbs and I'm ticking them off one by one.

Heading into Summer I'll probably jump onto a Zwift 6 week plan. The nice thing is we aren't married to the various platforms so we can hop between them.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

What I enjoy about Rouvy workouts is, I use the videos of routes that I have downloaded to play during workouts.

Yeah. I even made a few.

What I enjoy about the Zwift training plans is that it kind of takes the guesswork out of it. Right now I'm just working through a bunch of climbs. I've fave'd a bunch of climbs and I'm ticking them off one by one.

What I enjoy about Rouvy workouts is, I use the videos of routes that I have downloaded to play during workouts.

This sounds good. I must try this.

I usually play am mtb or motocross vid when doing a workout.

So the Rouvy AR app doesn't have workouts? Or am I missing something?

Nope - you download both apps. The video routes will be deprecated first on the "Rouvy workouts" app, but you can still use it for workouts. Rouvy AR is for video routes with avatars. clumsy, but not a bad solution really

Yeah. I even made a few.

I took the GoPro out and made a few Rouvy video routes too. it's a cool feature - especially if you're going to be time trialing a route maybe and you want to ride it a few times.

Hi Guys,

I would highly recommend Rouvy as a virtual cycling platform. Its cheaper and in my opinion way better than Zwift.

I can also get everyone who uses this code 20% off the Rouvy membership????

The code is

ISSRAY20

Hope to see you all on Rouvy soon

Will be giving it a bash later today to see how it compares with Zwift. 

Using BlueHeart to bridge the Apple Watch HRM to the app on my Macbook. 

Should be interesting. Zwift is great but feels a little bit too "gamey" to me. 

Hi Guys,

I would highly recommend Rouvy as a virtual cycling platform. Its cheaper and in my opinion way better than Zwift.

I can also get everyone who uses this code 20% off the Rouvy membership

The code is

ISSRAY20

for how long would this code be valid? I have a yearly membership that expires in December.

Hi Guys,

The code is

ISSRAY20

Tells me it's an invalid coupon code.

Tried for both the family plan and individual plans.

I rode the draft test race yesterday afternoon, it probably still needs a bit of work.

The camera angle makes it quite difficult to see how far you are from another rider.

And the draft effect will take some time to figure out - at points I was riding higher w/kg than the rider in front, but slowly moving backwards according to the draft indicator.

Hi Guys,

The code is

ISSRAY20

Choose pricing in CZK - the discount code might not work, but it's only R100 a month. :-S