Alan Hatherly claims bronze: Commonwealth Games 2018

ByronH

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let’s face it, you ride the whole race in a group of 3(4), you puncture, your “team mate” attacks hard while you sort out your technical. Surely you would also be pissed? He could have held out for a little before attacking so hard while he had a big upper hand (Anton).

At the end of the day, Sam Gaze is a power house and had the strength to power past Alan and Anton. Not condoning his behviour but when addrenaline and anger mix, the brain doesn’t think.

Great race by all 3 riders, especially Alan considering his circumstances!

Let’s face it, you ride the whole race in a group of 3(4), you puncture, your “team mate” attacks hard while you sort out your technical. Surely you would also be pissed? He could have held out for a little before attacking so hard while he had a big upper hand (Anton).

At the end of the day, Sam Gaze is a power house and had the strength to power past Alan and Anton. Not condoning his behviour but when addrenaline and anger mix, the brain doesn’t think.

Great race by all 3 riders, especially Alan considering his circumstances!

They should stop running those Spaz tyres.

Same happened in the Epic.

They should stop running those Spaz tyres.

Same happened in the Epic.

Don’t think the Spaz team riders are given much choice.

According to the tv commentators Sam Gaze is aiming to eventually switch back to road and do one day races such as the Tour of Flanders and Paris-Roubaix.

"I reacted badly and want to apologise for my words and my actions. I am really embarrassed for how I acted and how the impact of how special of a day it was for New Zealand Cycling was tainted by my actions....."

https://www.radionz.co.nz/news/sport/354905/gold-medallist-apologises-for-outburst-i-reacted-badly

Too little too late. The finger and the morbs at the finish line said it all. And he treated Anton Cooper like he was a POS. The kid (AC) is a good bugger, too.

Sorry, I've derailed this threat. Well done Alan Hatherly, great ride and great sportsmanship; imagine what Gaze would have done had AH not stepped out the way....LOL

Why exactly would you wait if punctures are part of the game? 

Did he expect Cooper to stop and help him, just to be out-sprinted at the end anyway?

Face it, no matter what Cooper did, Gaze would feel nothing to drop and ride away from him to win. 

Stop making excuses for his bad sportsmanship, he acted like a ..... and then apologized.