[Event] Hollard JUMA 2018

Kellykazi

Event Name: Hollard JUMA 2018
When: 3 June 2018
Where: Marks Park Sports Club, Gauteng
Category: MTB

It’s time to go back to your #JoziRoutes and experience everything Johannesburg has to offer by two wheels. With 22km, 54km and 72km routes the Hollard JUMA spends R1,6 million to provide mountain bikers with a never before seen look of the world’s biggest urban jungle.

Be pushed to the limit with kilometre long storm water drains, graffiti decorated tunnels, riding under highways and over giant scaffolding bridges seeing a whole new side of the city.

The 54km route, for the more experienced riders who sure of their riding skills and fitness levels will run along the same route as last year. The 54km route features a variety of sky-high scaffolding, km’s of storm drains, the 700m Anatomic tunnel, the Melville Koppie ridge and much more!

For the first time riders, juniors and casual riders we have the 22km, a less technical ride that’s mostly jeep track with some single track sections, over three exciting (but very safe) scaffolding ramps. The 22km route also features a unique towering reed tunnel section through a forest and the Spruit marshlands. No mudguard required - the reed route path runs over wooden palettes covered with rubber mats! Although more suited to first timers the 22km is guaranteed to add the excitement expected from Hollard JUMA!

And finally the brand new 72km Punisher, for the hardcore riders among you! Only 300 of the toughest Hollard JUMA bikers will make it into this race, and if you cross the finish line you'll be rewarded with a free special edition Punisher T-shirt and an epic medal to match your bragging rights.

All 3 routes will then culminate in an all new daredevil finish. Have we got your spandex shaking with excitement yet? Enter today!

Go to Event Page

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Day after monster could prove tough!

Sjoe, you planning to do both??

Normally takes me 3 days to find legs back after monster. Am doing the Waterberg Encounter the weekend after so will either be strong or crying for 3 days

Sjoe, you planning to do both??

Normally takes me 3 days to find legs back after monster. Am doing the Waterberg Encounter the weekend after so will either be strong or crying for 3 days

I entered Monster before Juma dates were announced!  :thumbdown:

100% won't be doing a long Juma after Monster! Juma has always been more of a ride than a race so won't be an issue anyway  :)

• 3 weeks later...

I think I should have waited to see the elevation profile before entering for the 72...

I think I should have waited to see the elevation profile before entering for the 72...

Elevation? What elevation? LOL

It's tame....just adjust your speed and enjoy

I did it last year, it was fun but that's it for me.

Those tunnels are too slippery and risky, fell one too many times and maybe next time I won't be so lucky...............

• 3 weeks later...

Elevation? What elevation? LOL

It's tame....just adjust your speed and enjoy

Elevation by Melville Koppies