Cheapest Scott Bikes on the Planet

ecg15

There was a thread about this yesterday and the consensus was a resounding yes, it is too good to be true

Thanks, I somehow missed yesterday's post.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I registered on the site yesterday to see if I'd get a confirmation email / any sort of legitate correspondence. I did not receive anything.

I then sent them a mail on their feedback section asking as to why the payment portal url was not secure. I got this in response this morning (see attachment).

My opinion - it's a total scam.

post-125252-0-84280400-1523610410_thumb.png

Edited by tbagger

Didn't see this thread, but posted the below on the 'Cheapest Scott Bikes on the Planet' thread (https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/175334-cheapest-scott-bikes-on-the-planet/?p=3303682) and figured I might as well post on here too for anyone who still isn't sure about the legitimacy of the site:

I registered on the site yesterday to see if I'd get a confirmation email / any sort of legitate correspondence. I did not receive anything.

I then sent them a mail on their feedback section asking as to why the payment portal url was not secure. I got this in response this morning (see attachment).

Beside all the initial red flags (non-secure payment portal etc) the attached repsonse confirms (to me at least) that it's a total scam. I have reported the site on Google.

post-125252-0-51756800-1523610753_thumb.png

yea yea i know but DAMN man!!!! lol imagine. a scott e-bike and enduro bike for $189. dang it.

And that's exactly how scammers can keep on scamming - endless supply of bargain hunters hoping for a deal that's too good to be true.

I came across this ad on Facebook they clame to be selling scott bikes at a tenth of the price . Such as a scott genius for R2200 I'm wondering if it's real

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=209947959769334&id=209549786475818

They only have scott bikes and free shipping to sa

If it's fake it should be shut down

Hope to hear soon

Thanks

I reported it as a scam page on Facebook - I suggest others do the same.

My opinion - it's a total scam.

" dont worry"

lol happy friday - :clap:

Edited by bikebloke

We send the information to Scott Sports Africa which responded that this is not a legitimate store. I also commented on the facebook page but the comment was removed within 1 hour. 

small little icon to look out for... Just to be safe.

The lock icon means the website is secure (ie: your info is encrypted), it has nothing to with wether it is a scam or not. Scam sites can be secure, and copletely legit sites can be non-secure. The only thing I don't do when I see it's not secure is pay with my credit card - would still do an eft if I know the store is legit.

But... most legit sites are secure, so it does provide some measure of peace of mind. Just don't let the lock icon fool you into thinking it's not a scam

I came across this ad on Facebook they clame to be selling scott bikes at a tenth of the price . Such as a scott genius for R2200 I'm wondering if it's real

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=209947959769334&id=209549786475818

They only have scott bikes and free shipping to sa

If it's fake it should be shut down

Hope to hear soon

Thanks

Just ask yourself how on earth anyone can sell a bike at a tenth of the price and still make a profit - the only answet is that it's a scam. I don't get how people are still falling for this these days.