What? The Spanish doped?

Eldron

Because 188cm tall 80kg men are the best climbers right Miguel? I wonder who "helped" him win in 1991 and 1992...

No one in their right mind could possibly think he was clean. At least not in a modern context.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Some of us have been saying, for years, that they all doped/dope. Nothing has changed - maybe it's time for another Tour of Renewal (LOLOLOL etc).

Some of us have been saying, for years, that they all doped/dope. Nothing has changed - maybe it's time for another Tour of Renewal (LOLOLOL etc).

If you say Renewal backwards it sounds like l'Avenir. Isn't that the Tour where the up and coming doers race?

(Sorry... Enough cynicism for today...)

If you say Renewal backwards it sounds like l'Avenir. Isn't that the Tour where the up and coming doers race?

(Sorry... Enough cynicism for today...)

You missed a P, which, coincidentally, is what the dopers try to do to avoid detection...

In the context of Operation Puerto, Icarus and the resulting fallout uncovering state sanctioned doping from Russia/China. This doesn't really come as too much of a surprise.

"Spain's best results on the track at the Atlanta Olympics were fifth place in the individual and team pursuits."

So - doped to the gills they were only able to come 5th.

Here are the teams that beat them in the team pursuit:

1. 22px-Flag_of_France.svg.png France (FRA)
  2. 22px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png Russia (RUS)
  3. 22px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png Australia (AUS)
  4. 22px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Italy (ITA)
  5. 22px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png Spain (ESP)

Spain qualified 4th in the individual pursuit, but got knocked out by an Aussie in the next round (Bradley McGee). Interesting to note that David George didn't qualify, finishing in 15th place (of 16).

I blame the Russians.

Small wonder from a country that rewards the man took the "rap" for Contador's positive. They elected him president of Spanish Cycling Federation. 

Jose Luis Lopez Cerron, the man who delivered the beef that Alberto Contador claimed triggered his positive test for clenbuterol at the 2010 Tour de France, has been elected president of the Spanish Cycling Federation (RFEC).

Lopez Cerron defeated Francisco Antequera in a vote taken at an RFEC assembly in Madrid on Saturday morning and takes over from Juan Carlos Castano.

The 56-year-old Lopez Cerron is a former professional who won a stage of the 1981 Vuelta a España, and subsequently served as directeur sportif at Banesto and Vitalicio Seguros, as well as race director of the Vuelta a Castilla y Leon.

Lorez Cerron hit international headlines in 2010 in the wake of Contador’s positive test for clenbuterol at the Tour de France. Contador claimed that his positive test was triggered by contaminated meat he had consumed on the rest day at Pau, which Lopez Cerron had purchased in Irun en route to visiting the Astana team hotel.

Contador was belatedly handed a backdated two-year suspension in February of this year and won the Vuelta a España on his return to action in August.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/lopez-cerron-gets-prime-cut-at-spanish-federation/