Karoo to Coast

Marichen

Top fuel is an xc race bike, make sure the suspension is setup correctly for you and don't worry about pedal bob, these bikes are very efficient at handling it. Just ride with it open and enjoy the day.

Dont do this.

You have never ridden a FS bike. Beleive me me, it is going to bite half way through.

Lock that rear shock out on the climbs and the flats and release on the downhills if you want to.

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont do this.

You have never ridden a FS bike. Beleive me me, it is going to bite half way through.

Lock that rear shock out on the climbs and the flats and release on the downhills if you want to.

I have to agree with this, trying out new equipment on the big race day is the classic cycling mistake we all make at least once.

Better to stick with what you are familiar with unless its broken. 

Anyone travelling to the start from Plett with a spot for a rider and a bike ?

I may need one.

Dont do this.

If you have never ridden a FS bike how can you comment on how efficient the dual-sus will be? What I meant with my post is that he should set it up correctly and just leave it in the middle setting (if it has three positions). He is not used to the full-sus and he will forget to open it up on the downhill sections.

Stick to hard tail. When you are 60 and retire then get an old mans (full sus). That said, my pops is 70 and still rides a real bike.

You must share that wisdom with Alan Hatherley.

He still rides an old mans bike and even won the under 23 world cross country championships on it 2 weeks ago. 

:D

If you have never ridden a FS bike how can you comment on how efficient the dual-sus will be? What I meant with my post is that he should set it up correctly and just leave it in the middle setting (if it has three positions). He is not used to the full-sus and he will forget to open it up on the downhill sections.

Then keep the rear locked. I'm on a HT and I've got a FS frame. Same geometry, but the FS needs getting used to. Ive built all my components back to the HT for now.

I have ridden HT and FS back to back and I prefer the HT. But thats just me. As for someone trying out a FS for the first time, K2C is not the ride to do it. Try and keep that bike as close to HT as possible, or ride it as a FS and report back next Monday.

Then keep the rear locked. I'm on a HT and I've got a FS frame. Same geometry, but the FS needs getting used to. Ive built all my components back to the HT for now.

I have ridden HT and FS back to back and I prefer the HT. But thats just me. As for someone trying out a FS for the first time, K2C is not the ride to do it. Try and keep that bike as close to HT as possible, or ride it as a FS and report back next Monday.

Sorry I read your post wrong. I see the point you are making about the two bikes being completely different. I switched from a HT to a FS and I am only getting used to how it handles the singletracks, but on fire roads the FS is more comfortable.

I would also stick with what I know for the k2c, but we don't know why OP is not using his own bike. I would still advise leaving the shock in the middle setting if he does use the full-sus.

Sorry I read your post wrong. I see the point you are making about the two bikes being completely different. I switched from a HT to a FS and I am only getting used to how it handles the singletracks, but on fire roads the FS is more comfortable.

I would also stick with what I know for the k2c, but we don't know why OP is not using his own bike. I would still advise leaving the shock in the middle setting if he does use the full-sus.

short answer, because i have an itch........

any did a 60 on the FS today. Not too many issues.

Will do another tomorrow. Anyway guess i am 70% going with the hard tail at the moment

Anyone travelling to the start from Plett with a spot for a rider and a bike ?

I may need one.

Bump

Hi. How many groups are there? Its my 1st time & im in group c. Just wanna know how it works. Thank you.

Follow the signs to your start pen, can't miss it.

Hi all.

I need a driver to take my vehicle from Uniondale to Knysna, but obviously would love to get it back. Any ideas. I’m doing it on a tandem with my wife. Her first time.

Thanks