Evil bikes thread

PhilipV

deb3c3303ad0efd145e6b6c8de64e454.jpg

Finally joined the Evil family. She is so at home at my usual spots (Mont Marie + G Spot)

She's a beaut, what do you think of the ride so far, it's an Evil Following right?

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She's a beaut, what do you think of the ride so far, it's an Evil Following right?

Yes Following V1. Love the ride. Still tweaking the front shock a bit. I am heavier than the previous owner. I think I got it spot on yesterday as I hit a few PRs on G-spot yesterday without pushing hard. Biggest surprise was how well she climbs! My other bike is a carbon Tallboy 1 and the strava times on the climbs are very close, even hit one or two PRs

1.) I have a V1 Following and initially ran it in the H setting with a 140mm fork upfront ( I do run my stem low , without any spacers below) though , switched it to the Low setting after a few months of riding and have not looked back, Bike still climbs well, regarding pedal strikes: the 140mm fork lifts the BB slightly and have not experienced pedal strikes through rocky terrain etc

Glad to hear that. Gonna be bumping my fork to 140mm next week, will try it in X Low then. X Low with 130mm just put the bb too low.

Glad to hear that. Gonna be bumping my fork to 140mm next week, will try it in X Low then. X Low with 130mm just put the bb too low.

When changing to the low setting the one big adjustment I had to make was adjusting my saddle as far forward as possible, so much so that I had to get an in-line seatpost headh it is possible on a 9point8 to adjust my reach apart from that , the bike descends like a demon:)

When changing to the low setting the one big adjustment I had to make was adjusting my saddle as far forward as possible, so much so that I had to get an in-line seatpost headh it is possible on a 9point8 to adjust my reach apart from that , the bike descends like a demon:)

Might be bad news for me because I have a sligthly set back dropper post and I already have my saddle as far forward as it can go. At least it is easy to go back to the high setting if it sucks.

What you had a glimpse of this week Sparky ...

Nothing too fancy this time , but rad none the less.

Transfered all my parts over to the new Following MB that has been sitting on my desk for some time. Now to go ride it.

Also took the time to fit one of our OneUP EDC tools with matching Orange ano. top cap.

Yes, still a big ODI fan ;)

I'll start adding pics of many other builds if you guys would like that ?

Is there anyone in Cape Twon with the tap tool to install the oneup? Don't feel like buying it for a once off...

Can't say for sure, but if I had to guess Stoke will have one - they work pretty closesly with Trailtech who brings OneUp in...

Thanks. I'll check. It's not cheap though...

2 evil questions:

1) how does that sag indicator work on the frame?

2) does any one know what the factory install of volume spacers in the following V1 monarch is?

2 evil questions:

1) how does that sag indicator work on the frame?

2) does any one know what the factory install of volume spacers in the following V1 monarch is?

1.) before getting on the bike, move indicator forward ( covering the 30% marking), apply pressure to rear shock( sit on saddle supported against a wall) and indicator will move backwards displaying 30%( if pressure is set correctly) if not reduce air pressure to achieve 30% sag.

2.as far as I know the rear shock does not come stock with any bands, I had to buy a set and started with 2 etc.

Can't say for sure, but if I had to guess Stoke will have one - they work pretty closesly with Trailtech who brings OneUp in...

Correct 

You don't need to buy it. They have one just for fitting them to clients' bikes. Just throw your bike at one of the droo's, toss them the One Up tool & holder and shout TAKE MY MONEY! 

Helps if you bring beer. 

I know I just fetched my bike from Droo on Friday after a sus service. I'm still struggling to spend R1500 odd rand on a multi tool...