Reversed Route 94.7 2018

mercurystorm

Ok good, so no mad race down Riversands BLVD and a pile up in the first corner..

In theory, yes....

In practice... Alphabet soup riders don't honour neutral zones, at least not the two times I rode Emperors Classic.

Charity Groups and the double letter groups might be less inclined to go hard on that downhill.

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In theory, yes....

In practice... Alphabet soup riders don't honour neutral zones, at least not the two times I rode Emperors Classic.

Charity Groups and the double letter groups might be less inclined to go hard on that downhill.

Yip

Its a mad sprint down that hill into that left turn at Emperors

Another event I am woefully undertrained for. Shingles, hectic work schedule and life in general making training impossible.

Goint to europe next week, and when I return, only two weeks to make my bum used to the saddle, because that's all I will achieve..

Does anybody know if you substitute enter if they will start u at the back or still seed you?

I did a sub on behalf of my brother last year.

They do seed you but if the earlier groups are full they cant/wont do much

I did a sub on behalf of my brother last year.

They do seed you but if the earlier groups are full they cant/wont do much

Thanks

One thing that struck me yesterday is that, with the reversed route, there'll be practically no spectators from the Zoo all the way to the finish... Going to make for a very different atmosphere, especially for the late-starters/second-lappers.

One thing that struck me yesterday is that, with the reversed route, there'll be practically no spectators from the Zoo all the way to the finish... Going to make for a very different atmosphere, especially for the late-starters/second-lappers.

Last year there were plenty spectators both near the Nelson Mandela bridge and Woodmead drive, started with the charities if that makes a difference. But yeah the highway could get a bit lonely

It's my first ever race and I've got a 9am start. Not looking forward to it. Hopefully it's cloudy.

I road with a friend who was riding for the first time 2 years ago. We started in MM. It's not ideal, but it's not bad. Do your best, and have fun!

do you have the Gpx data? seems like a viable option.

I dont but it will look like this, so make sure you have a couple of beers to make sure you make it back up the hill

11.5km with 138m of climbing 

post-36275-0-34738700-1539864674_thumb.jpg

Edited by Escapee..