Reversed Route 94.7 2018

mercurystorm

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing that struck me yesterday is that, with the reversed route, there'll be practically no spectators from the Zoo all the way to the finish... Going to make for a very different atmosphere, especially for the late-starters/second-lappers.

It will be like the Ou Kaapse route on the Argus which sent one back along the highway back into town.Boring,drol and lousy to be honest

I have said so before and maintain..it is a cr*p decision

I dont but it will look like this, so make sure you have a couple of beers to make sure you make it back up the hill

11.5km with 138m of climbing

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Looks simple but Coming back will definitely hurt.

It will be like the Ou Kaapse route on the Argus which sent one back along the highway back into town.Boring,drol and lousy to be honest

I have said so before and maintain..it is a cr*p decision

Im in full agreement.

Thats why Im off to do a MTB ride on the day.....No 947 for me this year....

A official detailed route map is available on the site now. No more speculation on exactaly where the start and finish will be, and which side of the highway we will use. :thumbup:

http://sponsor.mapit.co.za/947

We r riding opn the same side of the highway as last year but in the opposite direction. Going the other way round Kylami

947 has been, and always will be, my “fun ride” for the year. Some years racing is fun, other times it’s a double lap or just riding with the masses. I prefer not to think of the high entry fee, or the monotonous sections of the route, and think of how to enjoy it.

Being a new route (albeit reversed), they’ve made it easy for me to decide what to do... ride it. Next year I’ll want to beat this year’s time.

947 has been, and always will be, my “fun ride” for the year. Some years racing is fun, other times it’s a double lap or just riding with the masses. I prefer not to think of the high entry fee, or the monotonous sections of the route, and think of how to enjoy it.

Being a new route (albeit reversed), they’ve made it easy for me to decide what to do... ride it. Next year I’ll want to beat this year’s time.

Couldn't agree more.

Assuming its the same again next year 

Are there any clubs in the Bedfordview area that are planning a light leg spinner ride on the Saturday before the race, and would not mind if I joined?

I am traveling from Durban on the Friday.

Im in full agreement.

Thats why Im off to do a MTB ride on the day.....No 947 for me this year....

Doing both.

94.7 and cheescake ride to Rosemary hills.  

The aim is to have a piece of cake before 10am.

:thumbup: