Reversed Route 94.7 2018

mercurystorm

Sent you PM.

Always a good ride is the day before 94.7 is the Twitter ride

or you can join the Edenglen cycling club on the Saturday morning for a quick chilled loop around the around. Pm me for more details

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was merely being impish @CAAD4. I'm only riding my MTB with off road tyres as I can't afford a road bike, a second set of wheels with slicks or even losing the sealant I currently have in my tyres to do a swap. So my jab at the hairless, aero-helmet gang was out of jealousy more than anything else.

I've done it again haven't I?

:D

NO worries Tyrone, thick skin from around 10 years on here. Ride what you have and enjoy the day without cars on the road, it's very rare. Just make sure you don't wear shorts socks to give away the fact that it's your first.

Maybe leave Darryl out of it though....

Doing both.

94.7 and cheescake ride to Rosemary hills.  

The aim is to have a piece of cake before 10am.

:thumbup:

Brave man, getting out of the parking takes longer than the race????

For unknown reasons I only checked my race docs yesterday, to find out I am seeded F :wacko: with a 34 index vs. a 22 index that Racetec displays. I emailed regarding reseeding and why this happened. Apparently they don't use specific results to count towards their seeding - for example the CC100 that gives me my 22 index.... 

I received a friendly email and call back, the lady wants to give more details why they don't use certain results. It seems though I can get reseeded at number collection if I bring my results....

I believe they use their own seeding based in previous 94.7's. it was mentioned somewhere before but I could be wrong. Racetec apparently just does the timing and results for the event. Hope you can get reseeded caus the batches are pretty big and full. Worth a try any way at registration

I believe they use their own seeding based in previous 94.7's. it was mentioned somewhere before but I could be wrong. Racetec apparently just does the timing and results for the event. Hope you can get reseeded caus the batches are pretty big and full. Worth a try any way at registration

Not so sure about that, last year I cruised 5:40 on a Bomber and still got a J start this year.

Not so sure about that, last year I cruised 5:40 on a Bomber and still got a J start this year.

I hear you. Seems seeding is very cloak and dagger in a small office somewhere. I did not do one seeded event since last year's 94.7 bar a few local Saturday things mainly for the kids to ride and I am A batch this year

They use Racetec. How do I know. Look at the dns entry for seeding.cyclechallenge.co.za - it's a CNAME to results.racetec.co.za.

% dig seeding.cyclechallenge.co.za 

; <<>> DiG 9.13.3 <<>> seeding.cyclechallenge.co.za
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 56124
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 65494
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;seeding.cyclechallenge.co.za.	IN	A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
seeding.cyclechallenge.co.za. 581 IN	CNAME	results.racetec.co.za.
results.racetec.co.za.	7091	IN	A	197.96.19.17

;; Query time: 0 msec
;; SERVER: 127.0.0.53#53(127.0.0.53)
;; WHEN: Thu Nov 01 14:40:40 SAST 2018
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 103

But they use different config values (in particular, penalty for old races.), and only certain events. Compare for your self:

seeding.cyclechallenge.co.za/findme.aspx?ss=5

vs

seeding.cycleevents.co.za/findme.aspx?ss=4

Edited by GaryvdM

They use Racetec. How do I know. Look at the dns entry for seeding.cyclechallenge.co.za - it's a CNAME to results.racetec.co.za.

% dig seeding.cyclechallenge.co.za 

; <<>> DiG 9.13.3 <<>> seeding.cyclechallenge.co.za
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 56124
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 65494
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;seeding.cyclechallenge.co.za.	IN	A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
seeding.cyclechallenge.co.za. 581 IN	CNAME	results.racetec.co.za.
results.racetec.co.za.	7091	IN	A	197.96.19.17

;; Query time: 0 msec
;; SERVER: 127.0.0.53#53(127.0.0.53)
;; WHEN: Thu Nov 01 14:40:40 SAST 2018
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 103

But they use different config values (in particular, penalty for old races.), and only certain events. Compare for your self:

seeding.cyclechallenge.co.za/findme.aspx?ss=5

vs

seeding.cycleevents.co.za/findme.aspx?ss=4

Looks like the same list as the CTCT, with a 100% seeding used on the best result from the Premier Seeding Events.

Apparently the "seeding unworthy" events are chosen by the race directors discretion....

On their website 947 states: 

• Firstly, all result data is collected and “cleaned” to get the riders top three RaceTec timed race results between 1 October 2017 and 28 September 2018.

It seems that CC100 got "cleaned" out lol

Any group rides on the Saturday from Centurion side?

Who will not mind a Stranger joining them for the day?

I will only arrive in Centurion on the Friday.

Anyone managed to create a Strava/GC route for GPS?

Here is a rough one: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/28704830

There are a couple of things wrong with it: it's on the wrong side of the highway, and the on ramps and off ramps are wrong. I'll spend some time to fix it up this afternoon.

(Here is the official route if you want it: http://sponsor.mapit.co.za/947 )

Edited by GaryvdM

Did a 947 route recon today with Design in Motion (Kudos to them for a great ride)

Couple things I found:

1. First 20 km's a lot easier than advertised

2. Homestead and Jan Smuts make up for that

3. The end isn't as easy as advertised. Starting from Woodmead there are about 5 steep climbs and they won't look pretty with 70 kms in the legs.

Still excited for an epic ride