Reversed Route 94.7 2018

mercurystorm

so the expo was a bit of a let down.

Cyclelab/CWC are selling on "special" at 20-30% higher than online prices. Not a good sign regarding CWC.

other specials from others were pretty much exactly online pricing.

so i would not worry about getting a "deal"

that said. it was nice to see the new Trek and Giant bikes.

also got to try the kickr climb and kickr 4 (super quite!) but at R27499 (on special) for the bundle i think i'll stay with my Kickr 2

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so the expo was a bit of a let down.

Cyclelab/CWC are selling on "special" at 20-30% higher than online prices. Not a good sign regarding CWC.

other specials from others were pretty much exactly online pricing.

so i would not worry about getting a "deal"

that said. it was nice to see the new Trek and Giant bikes.

also got to try the kickr climb and kickr 4 (super quite!) but at R27499 (on special) for the bundle i think i'll stay with my Kickr 2

Agreed on all points. Also thought the new Wattbike Atom looks nice.

Not sure of the price tag though

thanks, yeah this is what I was referring to.

I was just wondering if this is something they are actively checking and if I risk to

get disqualified....

Answer is no but lose your chip before you go over the starting matts

I honestly hope you get disqualified and that you won't get an official race time if you decide to do a second lap without officially applying to do so.

Why is it so difficult to simply follow the rules of an event?

I honestly hope you get disqualified and that you won't get an official race time if you decide to do a second lap without officially applying to do so.

Where's the fun in that?

Because some Saffas are cheapskates and always look to shlenter and break rules

Woke up this morning with a sore throat and no energy.

With two two-year olds in the house it was bound to happen.

Cause the formal double lapping is only for charities. If you want to race lap one and no 2 you have no option but skelum.

But let me reverse the question. What's the issue with doing an unregistered second lap? As long as you don't endanger anyone or cause extra work for organisers, I fail to see what the problem is

Cause the formal double lapping is only for charities. If you want to race lap one and no 2 you have no option but skelum.

But let me reverse the question. What's the issue with doing an unregistered second lap? As long as you don't endanger anyone or cause extra work for organisers, I fail to see what the problem is

Because its against the rules.Simple as that.

Fall and break your bloody neck you will cause extra work for the organisers

Woke up this morning with a sore throat and no energy.

With two two-year olds in the house it was bound to happen.

Our local pharmacist says there’s a few proper nasty’s doing the rounds at the monent. Mine started yesterday afternoon at work, and still no change - splitting ear-ache, sore throat, fever, aches. Taking an effervescent flu cocktail every 4 hours, had a Neurobian jab this morning, and in bed now - trying to get well enough to ride tomorrow.

The punchline, off course, is that I’ve not been sick one day in the last four years, and have been training for 3 months towards this race - you’ve gotta laugh at the irony

I am not riding for a charity and doing 2 laps and starting with the VB's. 8 just asked and that was it

IF you where officially allowed to and start in DL OR your own earlier group than DL and still do a double lap I am sure most would pay a small fee to be allowed to do so. I understand that DL should be the last group allowed to double lap but if the earlier groups wanted to do their own race and then double for charity or whatever reason I think it should be allowed and the proceeds of the double lap cost could be nominated by the entrant as to which charity it should go to.

However I think the issue is more a issue with logistics with the timing mats and multiple readings from more than just the DL bunch that is the real problem to manage.

And those that do the double anyway to go help your charities after racing your cat race - I tip my hat - legal or not - well done.

Because its against the rules.Simple as that.

Fall and break your bloody neck you will cause extra work for the organisers

Ever tried questioning rules???

Apartheid was law as well. Had the same attitude at the time?

Ever tried questioning rules???

Apartheid was law as well. Had the same attitude at the time?

Dont be silly

Question them to your hearts content.

Archived