All things Team Qhubeka NextHash

Eldron

So this is the Ivan Glasenberg connection

Is the thread name change appropriate at this time? Is it confirmed team Qhubeka is dead

Edited by DieselnDust

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Is the thread name change appropriate at this time? Is it confirmed team Qhubeka is dead

I guess Admin split the two threads.

MY speculation was if DR is jumping ship, never if Q were dead ...

38 minutes ago, BMCfan said:

I guess Admin split the two threads.

MY speculation was if DR is jumping ship, never if Q were dead ...

56 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

So this is the Ivan Glasenberg connection

looks like the old thread is gone.

PCS is on it already, even though the only link is DR and maybe some Assos?

image.png.bc00857613e50fb3dfd16cc634ef7f94.png

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

My bad. I jumped to the conclusion that it was a whole new vibe with the Swiss license.

It's easy to merge them again.

Something I've wondered before; how does a team's succession get decided?

It's simple when someone buys a team or their license.

Not much detail to go on yet but is Doug (assuming he is not simply a salaried manager acting for the team owner) is applying for the same license or a new one? Is Doug's involvement enough to say that a new team is the same as the old one, even if there is no license continuity?

All assuming the current Qhubeka outfit doesn't carry on going.

3 minutes ago, Nick said:

Not much detail to go on yet but say, in this case, is Doug (assuming he is not simply a salaried manager acting for the team owner) applying for the same license or a new one? Is Doug's involvement enough to say that a new team is the same as the old one even if completely unrelated license?

i would think licence which can be sold. Go look back on the history of this team for instance

https://www.procyclingstats.com/team/uae-team-emirates-2022

So this Q365 would be a totally new team in the 2nd tier building up essentially from scratch, unless they buy a pro conti licence.

https://www.velonews.com/news/road/doug-ryder-is-quietly-building-a-proteam-for-2023-as-speculation-mounts-surrounding-a-billionaires-backing/

here is the original article which seemed to have broken the story

I'm not sure how much room there is left for innovation in cycling equipment, but Glasenberg has money to throw around. they make shoe shoes too it seems

UNIQUE Adventure Shoes Mango Orange, mountain bike and gravel cycling shoes orange mango

https://www.q36-5.com/online/cycling-shoes/road-bike-shoes/

26 minutes ago, Nick said:

Not much detail to go on yet but is Doug (assuming he is not simply a salaried manager acting for the team owner) is applying for the same license or a new one? Is Doug's involvement enough to say that a new team is the same as the old one, even if there is no license continuity?

Same questions here...

I had assumed Doug would keep his MTNQhubAssosnexthash license and turn it into Q36.5 but I have no idea if his license was cancelled after not making the UCI payment cut off.

Anyone else with better intel?

1 hour ago, Shebeen said:

looks like the old thread is gone.

PCS is on it already, even though the only link is DR and maybe some Assos?

image.png.bc00857613e50fb3dfd16cc634ef7f94.png

PCS have a Q36.5 PRO and Conti team "registered" for 2023 which include the results from the MTNQhubeakassoshash series of teams.

Current random intel would suggest Q36.5 is the next iteration...MTNDimensionQhubeakassoshashQ36.5!

1 minute ago, Eldron said:

PCS have a Q36.5 PRO and Conti team "registered" for 2023 which include the results from the MTNQhubeakassoshash series of teams.

Current random intel would suggest Q36.5 is the next iteration...MTNDimensionQhubeakassoshashQ36.5!

That works for me too. I just assumed the main DDQ WT licence was thrown in the bin and the continental feeder team was all what was kept for 2022. Assume this means the feeder team (mainly italians) continues too

27 minutes ago, Nick said:

All good questions that I have idea where to start answering which is where my question of the threads came from. The mechanics of this deal plays a role in the survival of Team Qhubeka.