All things Team Qhubeka NextHash

Eldron

On 10/21/2021 at 10:26 PM, OVERDRIVE said:

image.png.c13328d272bb127313be1c0eabbde831.png

Mann...that's basically the whole team gone, or Atleast the best of what they have.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

Sports sponsorship is just like any other, how many people can I reach and influence by buying this space?

Cycling competes with Football (way more people, way more fanatics, still about ego does anyone know who sponsors Man United other than some company called 5nil@home?

Everyone know who sponsors Petronas Mercedes, or RedBull, but no one really cares who Sponsors Williams or Ferrari (Still Phillip Morris btw)

World Tour Cycling is a very European flavoured sport, since 85%of the season is conducted in Europe. How does an Africa team succeed in this market then?

For a start it needs results. With results comes exposure with exposure comes sponsorship due a better ROI. Results are lacking, and in fact save for a good Giro , or was it Vuelta, there's not been much to write about.

As a platform was African cyclists its a failure. The feeder system in SA and even Africa is poor compared to what exists in Europe so the availability of riders with the "required engine" are few and far between. A team can't sit around waiting for a messiah, it needs to get on with the business of winning or at least being seen to be close to winning. How often is a Qnext# a choice for a podium??

Pro cycling is a cut throat business, the platitudes to the team management are wearing thin

poor management

Agree and looking at the riders and where they come from that might be the reasons why sponsors and brands pitch in but now that those riders (who perform well, show the results and feature a lot) are leaving, so will the sponsors. Eventually the majority of riders will also leave after considering the state of the team and their chances.

2 minutes ago, King Pluto said:

Agree and looking at the riders and where they come from that might be the reasons why sponsors and brands pitch in but now that those riders (who perform well, show the results and feature a lot) are leaving, so will the sponsors. Eventually the majority of riders will also leave after considering the state of the team and their chances.

Worried about Nic. Where does this leave him? 

15 hours ago, Vetplant said:

Really hope he himself gets a good opportunity on one of the other outfits. Team UAE might be a good fit.

There is quite a lot of scar tissue that separates Doug from the UAE group (so I've been told). this one won't happen.

Edited by 100Tours

15 hours ago, Vetplant said:

Really hope he himself gets a good opportunity on one of the other outfits. Team UAE might be a good fit.

Doug? Why would he be a good fit if I may ask?

20 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

Doug? Why would he be a good fit if I may ask?

I might be completely wrong, don't know the guy personally. But you guys seem to have the biggest contingent of Saffas, so he might gel quickly there. Just a thought. 

36 minutes ago, 100Tours said:

There is quite a lot of scar tissue that separates Doug from the UAE group (so I've been told). this one won't happen.

Didn't know this. Well, he might then need to pivot away from cycling if he isn't too well liked elsewhere.

11 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

I might be completely wrong, don't know the guy personally. But you guys seem to have the biggest contingent of Saffas, so he might gel quickly there. Just a thought. 

If it was about that, why did he not hire them when he had the chance during the duration the team was around? 

Edited by J Wakefield

32 minutes ago, Marcv said:

What does it cost to run a WT team of about 10 riders?

Nothing, if you want 10’riders then a Continental team is your option. You have minimum rider count in WT team of 26-30 riders. 

Edited by J Wakefield

16 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

Nothing, if you want 10’riders then a Continental team is your option. You have minimum rider count in WT team of 26-30 riders. 

ok lets make it a team of 30 riders. my guess is $15 - $20 million, maybe you have more accurate numbers.

5 minutes ago, Marcv said:

ok lets make it a team of 30 riders. my guess is $15 - $20 million, maybe you have more accurate numbers.

Budgets are anything from 10-50m euros