All things Team Qhubeka NextHash

Eldron

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

riders looking for a gig next year.. Doug might have a kickass pro conti squad, cleaning up some 2.2 races in asia

image.png.4e3a9ce83f8ed255561da19137bf31b5.png

image.png.05ce63846f6c50c15e1e691bff2aa455.png

I see the Cavinator revently used the word "despised" when talking about his relationship with Doug Rider. That isn't good!

I seldom get irritated enough to say negative stuff on this forum, but jeepers Cavendish is an egotistical, ungrateful pr*ck.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if it ends in big tears with Lefevere, of course it will be all Lefevere's fault, just as it was Doug's, then Illingworth.......

What will really piss me off more is if he uses mental illness again to excuse what is just at times pure prat behaviour when playing to the crowd no longer works.

On 11/20/2021 at 5:38 PM, Eldron said:

I see the Cavinator revently used the word "despised" when talking about his relationship with Doug Rider. That isn't good!

Even though at one point he pleaded a case with one of the senior sponsorship people to convince said "despised" Ryder to extend his contract. 

well this is why I'll never be a Cavendish fan. Even when he bounced back and won stages last year. I could appreciate the journey but it doesn't win me over.

On 11/20/2021 at 5:38 PM, Eldron said:

well TQA need all the exposure they can get, even if it comes from book launch clickbaiting.

Even if they do somehow get some $$$ from somewhere, there's not many riders left. so Doug would need to go shopping here:

https://www.procyclingstats.com/teams/no-team-next-year

i do see CAV is top of this list. that would be fun

9 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

well TQA need all the exposure they can get, even if it comes from book launch clickbaiting.

Even if they do somehow get some $$$ from somewhere, there's not many riders left. so Doug would need to go shopping here:

I'd love to be a fly on the wall during that conversation...????

18 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

Formolo out of contract is a big name. 

I see captain Birkenstock #alttour is also on that list.

Throw in Phil Bauhaus and you have 2 pretty decent riders and one crowd favourite all in their 20's

20 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

I think the TQA dream is almost buried.... No riders, no sponsor, way past the deadline, no news in weeks.

I'm pretty sad about it. Being an expat is a little easier when you have a saffer team in the Protour.

Would love to know where it all went wrong - There's no doubt that something went amiss from the MTN days to the DD days - the team just didn't perform.  And there are far too many good riders who came to the team with high expectations and didn't perform, and a few more riders who started performing only after they left.

Let's face it - if the Team was constantly right up there in the last few years I'm sure it would have been a lot easier to attract a new sponsor.

Maybe one day someone will write a book and the truth will be told

Cant find any news about the team.

has it been settled now? They only having a Conti team? No pro Conti team?