Bike Box in an Uber! - will it fit?

Hi

Off to durbs for 2 weeks and decided to take my bike with me. I don't own a bike bag so bought a 29er cardboard box from cwc. It's pretty big!

so the question is, will it fit into an uber or a toyota corolla?

Just wondering if anyone has done this before. Ubered with a big bike box and luggage I mean.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Off to durbs for 2 weeks and decided to take my bike with me. I don't own a bike bag so bought a 29er cardboard box from cwc. It's pretty big!

Just wondering if anyone has done this before. Ubered with a big bike box and luggage I mean.

I have a couple of times. I would specify an Uber XL. Not sure if those are in SA.

Toyota Corolla might be tight

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No it won't.

But you can book an uber van. Be warned tho. I wanted to do this but on the day of our trip there were no vans available to us. Having said that I live in Hout Bay.

Hi

Short answer is no.

I Uber around with my Evoc bag, and if I travel alone that fits on the backseat, sometimes.

Carboard box will not fit, but just get an Uber Van, that will sort it.

Edited by Patchelicious

Thanks for the replies.

Will see if i can pre-order a van.

You can fit in a Toyota Avansa. Jade fitted 2 boxes in. Uber XL includes the avansa as one of the cars used. Any similar sized vehicles should be able to take a bike box with back and middle seats folded

I've squeezed bikes in cardboard boxes (not the largest kind) and Evoc bikes bags into Uber XLs on a number of occasions. It's not pretty but it works. It doesn't work too well if there are additional passengers.

I also managed two boxes in an avanza (Uber XL.) I managed to get an uber van pretty easily at the airport in durbs as they sit there all day. Trouble may be getting back to the airport.

You brought a cardboard box? I hope that means cwc packed the bike for you.

I Uber XL to PE, it was no problem.

You brought a cardboard box? I hope that means cwc packed the bike for you.

I Uber XL to PE, it was no problem.

Yip, R250! 

I asked if they had any cardboard boxes, they said they didn't but can sell me one, so I bought it. It's the same kind of box you get from boxman. 

Thanks everyone

Going to set my alarm for 5.45am the next few morning's and check if there's an uber XL in the area at that time. 

Knowing my luck, one will be available every morning except the morning I need it.  :whistling:

It's just the CPT leg to the airport that i need to worry about. I'll ditch the box at the airport for the return trip. 

Thanks everyone

Going to set my alarm for 5.45am the next few morning's and check if there's an uber XL in the area at that time.

Knowing my luck, one will be available every morning except the morning I need it. :whistling:

It's just the CPT leg to the airport that i need to worry about. I'll ditch the box at the airport for the return trip.

What day you going? If its a day I work morning shift I can drop you.work at the airport Edited by Twaatie

What day you going? If its a day I work morning shift I can drop you.work at the airport

Thanks for the kind offer. I am sorted though. A mate is going to drop me off just to be safe.