Be careful in the West Rand! (and SA in general!)

Mojoman

Let see what this Doc says wrt latest stats on Flu Vac and GBS...... <_<

I can not take someone with a profile pic like this seriously

attachicon.gifz1.JPG

What does that have to with anything? According to this Bio he is a trauma surgeon.

Should we take a laughing Zebra seriously? 

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With respect to all who have posted on this topic, I think we are moving way off topic. Can we all agree not to agree and get back to the original post?

Sorry to have derailed your post OP....

This post got derailed faster than a cyclist in the West Rand

Hi I'm Eldron and I had the Gardasil9 vaccine last week.

Just thought I'd show everyone how cool I am by vaccinating ????

Hi I'm Eldron and I had the Gardasil9 vaccine last week.

Just thought I'd show everyone how cool I am by vaccinating

One of the devastating, irreversible side-effects of vaccinations is old age!

EDIT: removed sarcasm

Wife woke up and legs felt weak

Difficult to stand up

4 hours later, can not take a proper breath

8 hours later = ventilator

Next day totally paralyzed, not even muscles in eyes can move to focus.

Into surgery where they fit a Tracheostomy

48 DAYS on Ventilator, while you can feel but not move.

Every few minutes they come to suck the saliva out of your mouth. Then place the noisey sucking tube under the pillow and walk off and you have NO means of telling them to it irritates you.

Besides ventilator you have a feeding tube in your nose.

Day 49 they take remove the Tracheostomy

Now you have to learn to breathe on your own, and your muscles do not how and they don’t work yet.

Then you spend about 6 months in a wheelchair, physio…..etc where they try and get your wrists and shoulders to bend and move again as everything is not stiffen up.

A year off work.

Surgery to fix the  

Tracheostomy scar = TWICE

Permanent nerve damage to hands and legs etc

And you moan about time of work and the bike???

I can give you her number and you can ask her if she would take what your senario or what she had?

I know FLU can kill and does...in certain cases. However not a normal healthy person, they normally get sick for a while. I am against the blanked use of the Flu vac. Just because un-informed people dont want to be off work for a while

yet in spite of all of this, I will still be taking the annual flu vaccination.

at first I thought if this as a discussion, but it looks like you just have a vendetta

For sure....but once you see what GBS does I think you might reconsider.......

Wheelchair vs snotty nose?

I have absolute sympathy for the experience that you guys had. Sounds terrible. However, as much as it may feel like it should when it happens to you, the anomaly cannot drive the norm.

The examples are endless where we continue despite a statistical chance of something going terribly wrong. There are countless innocent victims in car crashes, yet we still drive our cars. There are some horrific consequences to bicycle accidents sometimes, yet we still ride our bikes. I would suspect, yet absolutely can’t back it up, that taking a flu shot every year is statistically far safer than getting in a car every day.

Funny enough, my wife is part of a team that vaccinates school children. This year they did tens of thousands of flu vaccines in schools for the first time. Zero bad reactions and time will tell whether the exercise was effective.

My company offers flu vaccine to 140000 staff every year and has done for many years. The majority of us take it. No bad reactions thus far.

It’s *** when it happens to you, of course it is, but maybe try to recognise that your experience is a statistical anomaly.

MUST...be 

How would you know if someone got GBS from those numbers? Do you know how long after the Flu vac the person gets sick ? But yes flame me to sharing our exprience....

Firstly

post-51185-0-03203200-1528441319.jpg

Secondly

Both me and wahoofish and possibly others too acknowledged that you have an experience to share. That should've been the point where the discussion moves on, now you're just undermining your own point.

How would you know if someone got GBS from those numbers? Do you know how long after the Flu vac the person gets sick ? But yes flame me to sharing our exprience....

Not a single person here has done that.

see #104

That was not a flame, nor was it because you shared experience, but rather because of how you are going about countering peoples arguments. 

Archived