Thought I'd try a 29er for a trail bike....

Yes, positioning the lever is great, but after years of XTR, being able to use my index shifter to downshift is something I miss properly, and shifting down more than one at a time - absolutely insane that SRAM have not implemented this. Feel of shifters is also very clicky and cheap that I do not like.

Tokai is my home trail, so anytime, lets hit a ride. My work schedule rules this out for the next week or so, but going to try and hit one this weekend if rain gives a gap (or not)...

I prefer having my index finger on the brake lever all the time on my trail bike and therefore I prefer sram.

Regarding downshifting, my X7 and X9 levers could double downshift when pressed all the way. Weird why the eagle range can’t.

(Where did you get it from?)

As Intense is no longer in SA, I bought the frame in the UK last week.  Delivered in 12 hours. hehe.

Beautiful, pity about the SRAM stuff hanging around in the picture.

hehe, this is a true story. 

Looks intensely beautiful.[emoji6][emoji106]

Thanks man!

Awesome.   Spend a lot of time working in KZN near Umhlanga, if close, will bring bike and you can show me some trails!  Take the Primers for some bonding time. haha

Only really know those down South Coast, used to ride with Burry and his family years and years ago.

Give me a shout then!

Is it rude to ask what the build budget was?

The budget was way less than the final cost.  :w00t:  :w00t:  But all in was not too bad for what I got.

Hit Tokai again today, and apart from bad seat height killing my knee, hit DH sections etc with bike in 130mm mode and it was great.  Dont think it'll ever see 115mm mode again. haha.

The budget was way less than the final cost.  :w00t:  :w00t:  But all in was not too bad for what I got.

Hit Tokai again today, and apart from bad seat height killing my knee, hit DH sections etc with bike in 130mm mode and it was great.  Dont think it'll ever see 115mm mode again. haha.

I decided to test the 115mm, it feels basically the same as when you have the rear shock in trail mode...I honestly couldn't feel much of a difference in the travel, but that said it was only around Eden/Mont Mari trails, nothing serious.

But yes, 99% 130mm setting.

This is my second Intense (Tracer 275C) , I dont think I will quickly change brands.

Very jealous of the Csixx wheelset, top of the Xmas list...

"Intense for life"

"Intense for life"

hehe, yes.

It's my third Intense, and for some reason all of them have always been red.  

As Intense is no longer in SA, I bought the frame in the UK last week.  Delivered in 12 hours. hehe.

where did you purchase? Intense UK or Merlin etc. 

I thought Intense was still here just as a direct sales model. 

https://sa.intensecycles.com/collections/2017-bikes

If you can get around the annoying geolocation redirection on the USA site the clearance prices there are very good. Primer frame with shock for R16,000. 

Edited by Yo-yo