Crest Mk3 Rim Cracks... and now my Flow Mk3

ChUkKy

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to give credit where its due!

My Crest is currently being warrantied and Ive just got news that my Flow will also be warrantied.

Nice to know that there is solid backup behind these wheels.

I need to give credit where its due!

My Crest is currently being warrantied and Ive just got news that my Flow will also be warrantied.

Nice to know that there is solid backup behind these wheels.

Do you still have all the paper work for it?

I have a arch that I got from CWC about year ago but can not remember nor do I have the paperwork

Wonder what they will say if I take it them ?

I have a arch that I got from CWC about year ago but can not remember nor do I have the paperwork

online? surely there is some email confirmation you can use as back up.

online? surely there is some email confirmation you can use as back up.

Nope, walked in on a Saturday and got it and paid cash

Bought my stuff online so its all in my purchase history when I login to CWC.

Your rim should have a serial number so theres no harm in asking either CWC or the agents for Stans which is Two Wheels Trading.

Bought my stuff online so its all in my purchase history when I login to CWC.

Your rim should have a serial number so theres no harm in asking either CWC or the agents for Stans which is Two Wheels Trading.

Good Idea, I will do that

I see the replacements. I see free rebuilds.

But I am a different kind of oke. I don't want extended an extended warranty. I want something that does not break during normal usage.

I know a guy who bought a Mahindra Bolero at some stage. Farmer FAR from the nearest town. At 30000km the diff broke. No problem, Mahindra fixed it. Free. And at 40000km the gearbox went. No problem. Mahindra fixed it. 50000km. Engine gone. No problem. Mahindra fixed it in 2 weeks.

The problem for me is that the downtime now becomes MY problem.

Has anyone had their crests replaced in the last few months? The reason for me asking is that I heard that Stans issued a new batch of mk3 rims recently with revised geometry. My second set rim is up for warranty replacement and If the problem has been fixed then by all means, I'll go for the crests again. If not, I'll be opting for a replacement with another brand entirely.

Has anyone had their crests replaced in the last few months? The reason for me asking is that I heard that Stans issued a new batch of mk3 rims recently with revised geometry. My second set rim is up for warranty replacement and If the problem has been fixed then by all means, I'll go for the crests again. If not, I'll be opting for a replacement with another brand entirely.

What does the new ones look like now?

From what I can make out, it's just a new serial number. Everything else is still identical to the initial mk3 rims .

From what I can make out, it's just a new serial number. Everything else is still identical to the initial mk3 rims .

Hmm wonder if it will be better then?

Hmm wonder if it will be better then?

Yeah that's what I would be keen to hear too. I cant afford to make that mistake twice on a student budget.

My new one looks identical except the serial number begins with NT-1709....... where the old one that broke was SE1700.......

Will see how the new one holds up.

My new one looks identical except the serial number begins with NT-1709....... where the old one that broke was SE1700.......

Will see how the new one holds up.

K