[Event] Coronation Double Century 2018

Mamil

Hehehehhe.  Ja jong.  But it shows you Google knows more than the organisers.  ;)

Scary times to be alive

Problem is google also believes what Pure Savage posts on their blog :P

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not October yet, we dont want the up country folk clogging up our chilled entry process :P

On that note.

It would be interesting how many "up country" peeps actually do participate.  And by that I mean TEAMS entering.  Not the ones and twos that make up Cape entered teams.

Contrary to the CTCT that has a huge uptake from Gagatengers etc % wise..

Come on people - learn to use the Google:

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2018-07-23_1.png

Thanks for the google lessons and instructive drawing.

I also know how to detect fake news, so prefer to look at the source when trying to plan dates. Which includes the official website, where there is no mention of date. ie. not even a Date:TBA 

A tweet from the official twitface that said the date is not set yet.

Come on people, it’s always the weekend after 94,7...

I didn't know that, seems like a good guideline to follow.

Question to the regulars, what is the entry process?

I vaguely remember 1 person creating a team, then each individual logging on and joining that team.  Does each team member need a profile on the entry site prior to the "captain" creating a team?

Question to the regulars, what is the entry process?

I vaguely remember 1 person creating a team, then each individual logging on and joining that team.  Does each team member need a profile on the entry site prior to the "captain" creating a team?

Thats the vibe.

First PPA members normally get a bite of the pie, then it opens up to the rest. 

Last year there was a R12k fee and a cheaper fee if you waited. Not sure that it will be repeated again this year.

I think the cats i have been trying to herd into a team are actually pussys so I am a 3.15 argus, around the pot and amarider finisher looking for a spot on a team ... looking to average 29 to 30 kph ...

I think the cats i have been trying to herd into a team are actually pussys so I am a 3.15 argus, around the pot and amarider finisher looking for a spot on a team ... looking to average 29 to 30 kph ...

Wait, bit confused here. Were you part of a mixed team now you want to join a male only team?

Thanks for the google lessons and instructive drawing.

I also know how to detect fake news, so prefer to look at the source when trying to plan dates. Which includes the official website, where there is no mention of date. ie. not even a Date:TBA 

A tweet from the official twitface that said the date is not set yet.

My pleasure. Now take these skills and conquer the internet.

There is a difference between setting a date, and announcing the date. Dates for races are set ages in advance, and while this isn't a sanctioned CSA event, there is a central calendar of all events. Those newly acquired Googling skills will show how to find such calendars. My favourite is from In The Bunch:

https://inthebunch.co.za/events/?pno=19

There is a difference between setting a date, and announcing the date. Dates for races are set ages in advance, and while this isn't a sanctioned CSA event, there is a central calendar of all events. Those newly acquired Googling skills will show how to find such calendars. My favourite is from In The Bunch:

We LOVE in the bunch!

Why not put together a team of stragglers (as someone mentioned before)?

I am sure we can get a team together.  Buy in beforehand, deposit entry fee into a communal account and the chosen captain enters the team.  Get some shirts made, can decide to stay together or not and bob's your uncle.

thanks. that would be about the 25th calendar resource I've used to plan events in the last 15 years now, which includes everything from old mutual world of endurance, ndorfin, allthevents and even the bikehub itself. An events calendar is only as good as the frequency of updates and accuracy of details. they all tend to go under when they realise it's a lot of admin and can't be monetised.

Been a great interlude, but my original query that got us down this winding road is, why can't the actual event itself have a date on its own website?

there is f.all mention of the actual date on here - https://coronationdc.co.za/

They say watch their social media channels. whoever is being paid to do this one should spend the 5 minutes to update the twitter bio.

Official Twitter Page of the Coronation Double Century team cycle challenge that takes place in Swellendam in November each year. Official hashtag is #CDC2017

Been a great interlude, but my original query that got us down this winding road is, why can't the actual event itself have a date on its own website?

We will solve many great mysteries, like the location of that Malaysian airliner, who shot JFK, and whether Moscon made contact with Gesbert on Sunday, before we will understand the inner workings of the PPA (or why Dave Bellairs loves pink so much).

From the little bit that I do know is that there is always a to-and-fro between PPA and the traffic authorities about the route, and the use of the N2, and the safe passage through the road works near Montagu. I suspect they don't want to commit before they have assurances from all the other stakeholders that the event will indeed take place...

We will solve many great mysteries, like the location of that Malaysian airliner, who shot JFK, and whether Moscon made contact with Gesbert on Sunday, before we will understand the inner workings of the PPA (or why Dave Bellairs loves pink so much).

From the little bit that I do know is that there is always a to-and-fro between PPA and the traffic authorities about the route, and the use of the N2, and the safe passage through the road works near Montagu. I suspect they don't want to commit before they have assurances from all the other stakeholders that the event will indeed take place...

The bigger question is, are you going to go get punched by a Storck rider again? Maybe you can ask Ben Swift to call in favour and get Moscon to come ride for you, maybe it will even things out on the MMA front.

... and bob's your uncle.

Normally the last words before all sorts of dc hell and politics.! LOL