Football

IceCreamMan

Arsenal vs Man U @ old trafford tonight. Guess it will be a case of who plays the least bad game that will be victorious. As both sides are crap or at the very least have crap departments (not just players) in the team. For us (Arsenal) it is our defense, but then again, its been our defense for the past decade.  :cursing:

I've gone for the score draw for Superbru... can see both defenses struggling and both teams being happy enough with a point after conceding a few. If anything I'd edge towards United being at home, but they're poor at the moment so it's hard to back them

A team with a poor attack vs a team with a poor defense... should make for an interesting result. I'm not even going to bother staying up to watch this one.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've gone for the score draw for Superbru... can see both defenses struggling and both teams being happy enough with a point after conceding a few. If anything I'd edge towards United being at home, but they're poor at the moment so it's hard to back them

Well done [emoji1417]

What's it say?

Not sure if you watched the game..but it is about that horrid pass.[emoji23]0586dbbf38568fcb745a0b13c2f33a5f.jpg

Think the Arsenal fans can be optimistic about the youngsters.... don't know if they will have the patience to wait for things to come together though.

Look the first half was terrible football from both sides..horrid..awful...just terrible... but at least the Gunners can string together passes in the midfield, the same cannot be said for United... moer and soek football died a long time ago. And why on earth is Ole playing Pogba as a DM, just decide his role and get on with it? And also playing players who aren't 100% fit is just stupid.

Edited by Gen

Ole has now been in charge of united for 28 games in the PL (if I read the article correctly) and has scored 2 fewer points than Jose did in his last 28 games. Furthermore this is the worse start after 7 games in the premiership for united in 30 years.

The fans are getting restless, the legacy that is Ole will not sustain him too much longer without results.

Sad, but true.

Cardiff have been instructed to pay the first instalment for Sala, that being 6 million euro.

Looks a legal nightmare this one.

Ole has now been in charge of united for 28 games in the PL (if I read the article correctly) and has scored 2 fewer points than Jose did in his last 28 games. Furthermore this is the worse start after 7 games in the premiership for united in 30 years.

The fans are getting restless, the legacy that is Ole will not sustain him too much longer without results.

Sad, but true.

I think we all called it last season that he wouldn't last long... you need that history and pedigree to give you that little extra time to right a ship when things do inevitably go wrong. This is the second big slump for United in his short spell and there aren't really any signs he is heading in the right direction... they're playing ugly football

I think we all called it last season that he wouldn't last long... you need that history and pedigree to give you that little extra time to right a ship when things do inevitably go wrong. This is the second big slump for United in his short spell and there aren't really any signs he is heading in the right direction... they're playing ugly football

Indeed.

What they are basically relying on is the long ball landing at the feet of their speedy wingers..that's it.

They can't play out from the back, there is very little buildup play, if any...

(But it's okay...when it goes poorly the fan base just resort to blaming Pogba...and when he leaves they will buy 5 players to do his job but don't worry those 5 players will bleed for the shirt[emoji849].)..this said very very sarcastically.

I think everyone would've liked to have seen Ole bring some consistancy to the club..unfortunately he is just not equipped. The passion he brought is long gone and reality remains.

Edited by Gen

Where is the problem?

United have great players, they have had managers with credentials (although Ole does not, yet). They have a rabid fan base, they have a fortress in Old Trafford, they also have more money than their peers.

Is it just a case of an empire crumbling post Sir Alex?

In sport, I am firm believer, like life and civilizations that things are cyclical , any sport has this. Maybe its just not their time. They certainly have the ability just not seeing brilliance

Where is the problem?

United have great players, they have had managers with credentials (although Ole does not, yet). They have a rabid fan base, they have a fortress in Old Trafford, they also have more money than their peers.

In sport, I am firm believer, like life and civilizations that things are cyclical , any sport has this. Maybe its just not their time. They certainly have the ability just not seeing brilliance

First up, I don't think they have good players... 4-5 maybe, but even they are inconsistent.

The manager is everything though if you ask me, Sir Alex could well of won the league with this lot... he pulled some miracles in those latter years. But now, honestly, how many players from Utd would make the City/Liverpool starting 11? Virtually none.

Maybe Pogba, but only once he'd fallen in line and learnt that Pep is the boss and he listens and does as he is told, or leaves... other notable mentions Wan Bissaka, Maguire, De Gea, Rashford but they'd all struggle to start. United have fallen far behind very quickly

Where is the problem?

I believe the "downside" of being a massive & rich club like Man U is that ultimately there is no patience from fans & other stakeholders to allow a manager like Ole to find his feet & build-up a squad over say, 2 or 3 seasons.

I think Ole maybe have a few months of grace left, but by the 2nd half of the season the team will need to run into some form or he will be gone 

The manager is everything though if you ask me,

To be honest I dont think he is playing to any of the players strengths...the type of football (if you can call it that) they play is also so outdated..football has evolved but United have not... the club and fan base are stuck in what would Fergie have done and the players he had then..

The more I see the more it just looks like desperation.

There is zero plan out there.. their plan A is most teams plan D when you are looking for that last stoppage time effort to secure a win or draw.

If they dont have a drastic turnaround within the next 2 years they are going to find themselves in the same boat that Milan are in.

And saying that they have more money..sure yes they do for now..BUT if it doesn't improve soon they won't have that luxury of the all that extra money in 5 years time..as it is they are no longer able to lure the best of the best. Players get paid well just about everywhere..so an extra 50k a week meh to them with their already high wages and lucrative endorsements it is not as big a draw card as in the past. Honestly why would they want to play for a struggling club.

Edited by Gen